Fiesta!

Isabelas Pov:

I make my way down the stairs of casita to help prepare for the party tonight. We decided to have a party after the rebuilding of the house. The events of it really helped open my eyes to how i'd been acting these past years. How could've i've been so awful to everyone around me. So stuck on the idea of being perfect i had forgotten on how to treat my family. The things Mirabel said to me that day in my room were true, i had been selfish. Only looking out for myself and not for my younger sisters.

"Isa would you help with the decorations outside?" My mother asked as i passed the kitchen. "Of course Mama". The sun was bright outside and i could feel sweat trickling down my forehead. Felt good not having to be perfect all the time.

I waved my hand as a large amount of pink and orange flowers grew onto the walls, "that's perfect Isabela, Gracias!" The townsman thanked me. Turning on my heels i caught a glimpse of Mirabel. I had been taking any chance i could to reconnect with my youngest sister.

The way i had treated her had been so unfair and there was nothing i could do to make it up to her, but i had to try. "Mira! hey! what ya doing?" i called out as i stumbled behind her on the badly placed flooring. "hey isa...?" she twirled around and rose an eyebrow. "what's up?" she was carrying a basket of fireworks but i chose to ignore her duty's.

"You know after the party we can have a sleepover! you know like sisters do? we could eat as many arepas as you want and..." i pondered my brain thinking for some other things sisters do. "talk about...boys?" I grinned awkwardly, who would've known reconnecting with sisters was so hard "you're trying too hard again Isa, but sure we can have a..sleepover" she smiled and continued on her way.

I clapped victoriously.

The party had finally begun and the people were loud and excited. Felt nice to hear everyone in town so happy. I was still in my room questioning what to wear. I usually went with my fancy perfect dresses, but things were changing. I wasn't señorita perfecta anymore and i loved it. I went with a dress much more casual that didn't attract as much attention.

Finally i swung down the stairs on a vine to see the children of the town gathering around Tío Bruno. "Bruno! Bruno! can you turn my eyes green too!!?" The children laughed and danced around bruno "um well i don't think-" He was cut off by another kid "you have to! you have to!" They beamed. "well i could try" he laughed.

After Casita went down i'd notice a change in everyone in the family. Mirabel didn't treat me like before, when she'd scoff every time i entered the room or when she'd purposely avoid me, and that's on me. I made her see me that way and i just had to make things better, some how. Luisa was much more calm, she wasn't rushing everywhere all the time to lift something and would finally sleep in some days.

Even though i had noticed some good changes in the family there was some things that hadn't changed. I still see the face Mirabel makes when someone in town asks for someone else's help instead of hers. I've noticed Dolores constantly covering her ears when everything gets too loud, Camilo constantly spacing out as if he were in a different world, and people still don't ask bruno for prophecy's.

"Prima! come dance with us" I heard Camilo shout from the dance floor in the middle of Casita. The rest of the family joining him. The whole family together, looking so happy. I loved these moments. A giggle escaped my lips as i jogged towards them.

The crowd was alive. Antonio on Felix's shoulders, Pepa beaming with sunlight, Abuela and Mama circling each other, Papa dancing very badly beside Felix, Luisa and Mirabel swinging each other around, Dolores hand in hand with Mariano, and Camilo in between them all dancing so lively. Everyone with such a huge smiles. If only i could take a picture of this exact moment.

I joined Mirabel and Luisa bouncing around to the music, Just then my eyes adjusted to another girl around my age across the room, she looked beautiful. Just as happy as my family dancing in between another group of people. Her hair in a long braid swinging behind her, a dark but gorgeous green dress hugging her hips. Completely caught off guard, Luisa linked arms with me and then soon I was lost in the crowd again.