Finally

A week finally has passed and Xingqiu was way too impatient to wait any longer but he sadly have to since Chongyun was gonna pick him up.

Xingqiu groaned, leaning his head back on the couch ready to leave and hang out and possibly... confess to his dear best friend.
Childe and Zhongli watched from a far, observing the impatient and anxious Xingqiu. Childe nudged Zhongli, taking a quick sip of his coffee before speaking.

"He seems excited" He glanced at the taller man.

"And anxious, I assume this is where he'll confess?" Zhongli nodded and took a sip if his tea.

"Perhaps" Childe hummed in response.

They heard a door knock and with lightning speed, Xingqiu got up immediately greeted the popsicle lad.

"Chongyun!! Great to see you again" He said with his usual teasing yet playful tone.
Chongyun chuckled and looked around noticing a few details.

"I assume you're more than ready to go?" Chongyun tease and the boy in front of him just nodded feeling a bit embarrassed of himself.
"Perhaps.." Xingqiu mumbled, looking back seeing the two men standing still sipping their tea and coffee. The two nodded signalling Xingqiu to go and stop beating around to bush.

Xingqiu let out another sigh and look back at Chongyun, gripping his bag.
"Well, what are we waiting for? let's go!"
Xingqiu laughs and grabs onto Chongyun’s arm letting his best friend lead the way.

========================

Xingqiu plopped himself on the couch as soon as they entered the cabin, leaving their luggage inside as he is way too tired to unpack them.
Xingqiu let out groaned. "Finally.. That was a long walk I can't feel my legs!" Xingqiu said with a hint of exaggeration, Chongyun chuckled shaking his head and sitting down on the other end of the couch lightly patting Xingqiu’s leg.

"I am quite tired myself" The boy looked at their luggage and sighed. "I suppose we can rest a bit" As Chongyun said that he heard soft snores coming from his best friend, letting a soft giggle escape his mouth.

Chongyun got up and went to a room and went back with an extra mattress in hand, placing in down on the floor next to the couch sighing to himself.
He went back to the room to grab some pillows and blankets, placing the blanket on top of Xingqiu to warm him up and then finally get to lay down on the mattress, As soon as his head hit the pillow slumber immediately hit him.

Hours have passed and Chongyun was the firdt one to wake up, starring at the ceiling processing what's going on, he let out a hum and look at the couch seeing a sleeping Xingqiu he sat up and looked at the clock.
"7:51..." He sighed and got up and grab a pen and paper and wrote a quick letter for Xingqiu when he wakes up and heads out.

Xingqiu eventually started to stir, starring at the ceiling for a good moment or two before sitting up from the couch and looked around noticing Chongyun’s absent and a note at the coffee table, he sighed still a bit droopy from being asleep for 15 hours.
He got up from the couch and head to the coffee table and reading the note he assumed Chongyun left.

'Xingqiu, I might still be out once you wake up but do not worry I just went out to buy us some food for the week, I'll be back in about an hour or two hopefully I get lucky enough and be back early.
If you want something to eat there's some snacks in the pantry feel free to eat them while you wait
-Chongyun'

Well now he knows where his friend went, Xingqiu put the note back on the coffee table and walked to the kitchen opening the pantry and starring at for a hot minute observing if some snacks would catch his attention but to no avail.
He shut the pantry door and went back to the living room, looking around seeing their luggage being the nice friend he is he grabbed both of thei luggage and takes it to one of the bedroom.
He opened the first door he saw and gave it a good look, shaking his head then shutting the door.
The second door contains a few furnitures and decorations, he step inside to give it a better look, he let out a chuckle and sets Chongyun’s stuff down assuming the room was his and the first room he encountered was a guest room and he should probably set his stuff down there.