✩ 2

THE DOOR WAS pulled open widely by the girl, letting Jungwon into the club, who took a few steps forward waiting for the girl to lead him to his friend

THE DOOR WAS pulled open widely by the girl, letting Jungwon into the club, who took a few steps forward waiting for the girl to lead him to his friend.  Injae popped her head out the door before closing it, eyeing the surroundings outside making sure it was safe.

“Chill, nobody followed me here.”

“Easy for you to say, you haven't been to our parties or races in a while."

“Just been busy.”

His cold tone was left to linger in the air, Injae didn’t bother questioning it in the moment, it was his common excuse and it wasn't her business to meddle with. After all, their fallout left them as mere acquaintances.

She slowly shut the door, earning a short click before walking in front of Jungwon down the hallway that led out to the club. Turning his head from each side, eyeing the different rooms around him, Jungwon refocused his gaze towards the girl in front of him.  Feeling the quiet awkward tension, the girl turned back to him before questioning him, “You look like this is your dirst time here.”

He stopped his steps before looking down at the girl meeting her eyes, they were round and hooded and exerted a darker vibe/aura.

“Just forgot how everything looked.”

Injae could read his eyes with his uninterested tone, simply nodding back at him before continuing to walk, meeting the lights and music. Passing by the table of her teammates, earning confused glares from them.

“Newbie?” Eunbin looked at her, waiting for a response, seeing the unknown boy stare towards the group of friends.

"Nah-" Injaera began

Just then, Jungwon pulled down his mask revealing his prominent features.
“Just Jungwon," He cracked a weak smile, glancing at his friends.

"Ah Jungwonie! You said you were busy, you should've came earlier" Sunoo exclaimed, extending his arm to greet his friend, which the rest followed.

"Apparently Jake needs to be taken home, so that's all I'm here for," Jungwon spoke up.

"Man you can stay a little longer, I'm sure you studied enough. We miss you at the arena." Jay replied with desperation, knowing that his pleads was a long shot but they would do anything to bring their friend back. Jungwon only just began to race when he suddenly pulled out alongside the fallout with many. The difference from his practically perfect attendance at arena events to barely showing up surely impacted all his friends.