IV

POV Atsumu

"They are breaking me apart."

"Not my problem, Atsumu. Just pay, and I'll give it to you and you'll give me some peace. What about it?" Tsukki is still as nice of a guy as he has always been.

"Please," I beg at this point. "He's going to kill me."

"Osamu or Oikawa will do it too if they discover you. Moreover, don't even think I'm worried for you; he didn't want you around, but I want to be around and you're going to get me fired. Stop coming to my shop when you're horny."

"I'm not! Bro we know each other for years, Tsukishima how do you say that? "I lie, acting like if I cared when I couldn't care less for him. But this has been going on for too long and I thought he would be happier if we made it stop. When. Does not matter how long you have to live, a mistake like that cannot continue forever.

The fanciest store ever, full of all the light the queen bee needs to survive. His workers revolve around his comfort, trying to make his life better at the cost of others. The problem appears when there are not enough resources for everyone, so the bees make the honey for their queen, not for the ants smashed inside the grass.

My job, my mafia, family, home, however, you want to call it wants to give that gold to the people. At least we used to, Oikawa, my brother, and I, now we cannot give them food while our Robin Hood bows are made of diamonds. Is this why I hate myself so much? Is that why I admire his attempts at change? Or at least the words of comforts he provides. Is that what I have fallen in love with?

"You can go upstairs, I guess," Tsukki complains, too tired for this shit. "If he breaks your neck, it's not my problem. I don't care. You're taking the risk by yourself, bla, bla, bla."

"Ha, jokes on you. I love when he breaks my neck."

"If he calls security, Kiyoko is going for you."

Fuck, now I cannot run away. Not like I want to. Kiyoko is so nice, and yes, I know she is somehow capable of killing me despite me being immortal, but still, she is such a nice girl. With other people.

"It's just a prototype," he adds, back to our original conversation. Tsukishima looks at me with golden balls instead of eyes: he lost those a long time ago. Yet, he is the one that sees everything. He is Omicron's eyes over the entire city. The one person that realized I am too attached to that bed to be loyal to my family. "Take one and see what happens. In return, you must answer this questioner for possible side effects and sign this paper, so we have your consent."

"He has always had my consent."

"I don't need to fucking know."

I take the pill and hope for the best. Maybe this way I can wake up in my bed on my own. Maybe I can get back the little control you have stolen for me. Maybe I will finally rest and realize I am immortal, even when every time you touch me I feel at the border of dying.

With this newmedicine of yours, I am throwing away every single lesson my family and I work for. We want a timeless world with the power of humanity; you search for the end of humanity for the sake of technology. A cold world ruled by perfect work. Instead of being thankful for what the universe gave us, he makes a world people will be thankful for. Just like I am right now, with your most special piece. Medicine made by an engineer. Medicine to cure the heart. To isolate it, to destroy every emotion inside it. To become endless and emotionless. A deity bigger than you, away from your influence, my beloved God.