VI

POV Iwaizumi

Why is this bitch here?

Why doesn't he push away when I grab him? Such a quick movement to kill me and so slow to getaway.

"Those noises... Are they because of you?"

"No. Those are my bandmates. What are you doing here?"

"I'm helping a bandmate. I play the tuba."

"You are an asshole."

"And you are going to get us dead," he says while shooting a guy behind me. Maybe he is still fast sometimes. "Gang is not an ugly word. Want to know a secret? I'm not your babysitter so get the fuck going."

There is also a kid with bright orange hair kicking people in the head. Somehow, I know they are dead with a single blow. We get to the end of the corridor. I am aware Oikawa Tooru is behind me, shooting everyone around. I had to tell him who Bokuto and Kuroo are so they don't die too. We do not know if they will have other opportunities like I did.

They give enough time to hack the main door, the one behind Omicron's brain rests. Hinata, the jumpy boy, is having a hard time. So are my friends, and the ones that stayed behind (Kindaichi, Kunimi, Tanaka, and more) that have become scarily quiet. The lock opens to my touch.

"Don't prize yourself too much. It's been my hacker. Thanks, Noya" Oikawa clarifies.

"Hinata!" Bokuto screams, worried for the young boy who we just met and even death-mode Oikawa stops to watch.

"It's open, go without me! JUST GO". I watch as he kicks the guy, not older than him, before Oikawa's hand pushes me inside the most exclusive room in the city.

The wood table is as black as his hair and eyes. Also the gloves he wears, hiding the finger he uses to turn off the first-floor camera where my friends are still fighting. Every person has seen Kiyoomi Sakusa reflected on the night sky, talking to the poor and lost, giving them a light to follow to survive, to make things better. To put him better in the public eye. It is the first time, though. I see him without his iconic mask. A piece of leather imitating metal that covers his face from the nose down, looking like the first block of iron he used to build his empire. Gears and mechanisms interconnect inside his jaw, another prosthetic, older than the ones on Hinata's legs. Lips, nose, chin, shiny and unbreakable, a cold smile as a welcoming present. A gesture that comes out more robotic than a human.

"This is Omicron Industries. It's a pleasure to have you all here."

Bang.

I cannot catch Kuroo when he falls to the ground. I can't grab Kenma's gun before he points it to me. I don't know the man that shoots Kenma. Saving me.

Oikawa corners me behind him. No. Oikawa protects me behind him. And I finally understand what that first encounter taught me. I am a peasant, only useful to serve the King, as Kuroo has done right before being murdered. And he, Oikawa Tooru, is a King. A king amongst Gods, just a man in need of a kingdom, fighting against the powerful who are searching for devotees.

"Atsumu, what the-," Oikawa asks. Atsumu, that's Kenma's killer. My friend Kenma, who just killed his boyfriend, my friend Kuroo. I do not understand. I do not remember the plan. I do not want to be here anymore. I do not want to fight. "Atsumu, get over here."

He does not look at him. He has been blinded by the dark eyes enjoying the play, delighting in the puppet's theater. Atsumu lets the gun slip through his fingers and splashes on Kuroo's blood. He steps on it and walks to Sakusa like the mice tricked by the flute.

"I didn't want Kenma to die. I know they were one of your favorites."

"It's okay. I like you more. That's important," the most powerful been in the world answer, caressing Atsmu's hair, protected by that glove. "I understand you got nervous. We weren't supposed to meet like this today. What has happened to you?" he asks, grabbing the killer by the chin so they can look into each other eyes. Maybe that is how the spell works because when I find Bokuto in the room, that is the same look he gives Akaashi.

"Your medicine doesn't work. The one for the heart that makes the brain work."

"Atsumu, did you take the pill to banish emotions?"

"Yes," he replies, smiling, tears falling down his face, Sakusa cleaning them with an innocent touch, not the guilty of every wrong thing in this world one, "they don't work."

Behind them, a projection turns on. Kageyama, as the man calls himself, shows a body with no legs laying on the ground. That is not the reason why Oikawa looks worried. That's not the reason why I can't move. The mutilated body, petrified in horror, also lacks a bright orange head.

"Omi, I still love you so much."

And when his human lips touch the metal ones in the closest thing to a kiss they could wish about, Sakusa's naked iron fist pierces Atsumu's chest. He falls to the ground, and kissing him the last time, Sakusa smashes and breaks his heart.