chris mclain has no morals

a simple text from an unknown number showed on the screen of Noah's phone.
Interrupting his reading of one of the many old classic books he has collected, he was tempted to simply delete it, not really caring about some new person trying to contact him; or, if someone got the wrong number which happens too often, really.
A bit suspicious, he thinks, getting flashbacks of his days participating in Total Drama Island, having thoughts that it could be Chris using his number for something he probably doesn't know about because why would he.

but, whatever, really.
it was a group chat.

he regretted that decision.

<unknown #>
HELLO CAMPERS

<Heather>
ew

<Leshawna>
nu-uh
<Leshawna>
wtf i can't even leave the gc 😒

<Harold>
i paused my anime for this
<Harold>
LESHAWNWA
<Harold>
heather

<Heather>
geek

<Gwen>
ur gonna make me kms

<Chris>
ANYWAYS
<Chris>
that was hilarious!
BUT ENOUGH OF ME LAUGHING AT YOU GUYS. JK I ALWAYS DO THAT.
<Chris>
ahem,
Fellow Past Campers! My favorite bunch, i missed you all sooooooO much !

<Alejandro>
oh
<Alejandro>
heather ;)

<Heather>
who are you?

<Chris>
I AM WELCOMING YOU ALL to a feast! I have covered as much food and drinks for you all, even Owen would not finish it. jk he probably would haha
every single one of you has been tailored a suit to wear! I TOTALLY USED MY OWN MONEY FOR THAT AS WELL!
<Chris>
NONE OF YOU ARE ABLE TO BAIL OUT I HAVE LITERALLY PUT A VIRUS ON YOUR PHONES WITH THIS MESSAGE SO YOU CANT
DELETE ANY MESSAGES
YOU SEND
I AM GOING TO HAVE CHEF PICK YOU GUYS UP IN A HELICOPTER

<Cody>
im scared—please don't tell me Sierra is here..

<Trent>
sup, cody !

<Cody>
oh hi trent !

<Leshawna>
this better be worth it a feast sounds kinda good

<Heather>
as if

<Alejandro>
aw, cmon, don't be such a party pooper

<Heather>
shut up aleblahndro

<Cody>
no sign of sierra :D !!

<Leshawna>
thank god fr

<Harold>
if leshawna is down to go so am i ! >:-)

<Leshawna>
welp, at least sum ppl r comin !! we will feast on everythin f we hav to huh twig

<Harold>
YEAH
<Harold>
TWIG!!,!!?

<Gwen>
i guess ill go, if i get to keep the suit

<Justin>
i'll look hot at least☺️

<Owen>
GETTING TO SEE OLD FRIENDS AND EAT ??
<Owen>
UGH IM SOOOO IN!!!

<Heather>
i will literally sue you

<Chris>
did you read the contract?
i guess you didn't read the fine FINE print. :)

<Noah>
i think i'm going to kill myself first

The ride to the helicopter, as it felt like it since he was basically carried away into the flying vehicle, being held up unfairly easily.
Being called a twig was not what he wanted to be greeted with.
And neither was Chris' face, seething anger and annoyance being shot right at him with a deadpanned, but deadly, glare.

In the aircraft there was nobody, thankfully. nobody being the people he once was competing with, at least.

It was 8:00am, though he was told he was going to get the flight three whole hours earlier than that.
Of course Chris would do that, how could he pick everyone up all at 5 in the goddamn morning? at once? the flight takes time, ya know?
Noah's boredom was mixed with the gnawing anxiety of the whole situation awaiting him; how will he get through this whole nuisance.
and he was not going to give into the heavy eyelids he currently was trying to keep fully open, though his eyes usually are half-lidded nearly all the time.
Bitch face, he guessed. can't help it, neither can Heather.

not being dumb enough to not bring his earbuds along and a book with a heap of pages to keep himself distracted with, he managed to pass some time until he was finally, but also petrified to already arrived, at the scene of what looked like to be a resort-?
Noah was a bit shocked at how captivating the place looked with the clear blue waters, a quiet giant pool, a damn jacuzzi nearly the same size, really-
The hotels- or what will be their rooms for the night, looked more high end as any Noah has ever seen (though he hasn't been to many, of course, but he has seen a few online)

and of course, the little moment of "maybe this won't go so bad" was distinguished from the sight of some very familiar people gathered up near a giant table under what looked like a wide dark red silky sheet, providing shade for everyone and keeping it looking quiet comfy inside- if it weren't filled by them.

"Noah-!!," a cheery, raspy voice known very well by noah by now boomed behind him.
Without another warning, merely a second later Noah's lungs were knocked out in a giant bear hug given by none other than Owen.

"nice to see you too, buddy," Noah choked out, a hinge of sarcasm leaking through.
but in a way, he was kind of hoping maybe Owen wouldn't make the day so bad since he could stand him for the most part.

"I've missed you, man! Oh man!! You should see all the food everyone's eating right now! They're going to finish it all if we don't hurry- we better be quick, we are GONJA FEAST!! SO YUMMY!!"

"OKAY OWEN PLEASE STOP CRUSHING ME-"

"oh, sorry! hehe," Owen laughed sheepishly, letting go of the other a bit too harshly, causing Noah to fall down onto the wooden floor.
it was polished quiet well, he noted.

Before he knew it though, Owen had picked him up with no hesitation as he somehow actually ran incredibly fast into the far away place that no longer was so far away, leaving Chef and Chris giving each other very different looks of pride and displeasure of the occasion.

they were followed, much slower, but once Noah was again finally allowed on land, getting his footing and now in the presence of the table's variety of dishes, pastries, and finger foods as well as drinks of many kinds all around in an organized fashion, he could almost feel his stomach impulsively growl.

Maybe this won't be too bad.

//juices stuff next chapter also i hope wattpad lets me post this ive tried to already like three times bro i just wanna get this idea out aaa