continuation of something gay

~previous chapter continued~

(if you don't remember where we last left on, pls go back and skim the last chapter or two for context !!)

"-by the way, you do know there's showers, right?"

Cody tilted his head, lost as to why Noah would be mentioning that.
Perhaps he reeked and he didn't even know it?
If so, could he possibly smell THAT bad for Noah to basically tell him to scram?
To be frank, Cody was a little taken back and at a loss for words. Especially after their little convo began leaning towards a friendly road. He sniffed himself.

Luckily, Noah caught Cody's oblivion and snickered to himself, "you really just rolled out of bed and came out here without a little cleaning up? Sorry, but after last night you definitely need a bath. You were covered in toilet water and puke, buddy."

Cody's confused expression recoiled into a grimace, hands clenching with embarrassment, "t-toilet water...? uh- ew... nobody saw that, right...? um, at least..."
Now that his headache was subsiding, he was able to grasp the fact that he was in a suit.
The same kind of suit McLean had made them wear for their arrival- which was yesterday.

His voice trailed off quietly without finishing his sentence, Noah already getting the hint that he was referring to Gwen and if she witnessed his utter dismay or not.

Noah sighed (quite honestly disappointed that Cody was even thinking she was important at the moment), "No, goth girl didn't see and no one else did but Trent and I. Does that fill you with joy?"

He watched Cody's fingers fiddle with the collar of the white button up.

Not fully catching the bite from that question, Cody let out his own sigh of relief and smiled in an awkward but fond manner, "weirdly enough, yes- or to be more accurate, it provides some comfort. I really don't remember being covered in toilet water. But hey, you do, and that must've been at least amusing to witness, no?"

Noah kept a laugh down, coming out as a chuckle, "to be fair, it is kind of funny now. At the time it happened, though, not really. Just sad."

Cody pouted, having many self deprecating thoughts swim around his head without meaning to escape. He didn't wanna be a downer, and yet it seemed like it's the first thing he managed to do when coming back to the island.
He immediately covered up his reflexive pout with a chuckle, hoping his demeanor changed quick enough for his company not to notice.

Noah noticed, of course, but he wasn't gonna mention it.

"Well at least you find it funny now. Um, I think I may just need some more of your help...where are the showers? Are they like, the ones we had to use back when competing or are there better ones-?"

Now this really made Noah chuckle, "you know what, I was wondering the same thing last night....thankfully it seems Chris had the mind opening realization that we deserve proper bathrooms for coming back. So yes, there are new ones. Here, i'll show you..."

Cody beamed, trailing behind the slightly taller male.

He could have simply been given directions (although he probably would have struggled with them...) and yet Noah was choosing to show him the way himself.

Who knew the boy could be so helpful...
Cody could have sworn his own body had moved on its own, his mind having lost sense of what he was doing to focus on the guy in front of him instead.

He was freaking himself out, honestly. Noah was suddenly being the kindest person to him and boom! Now Cody doesn't feel like leaving his presence...

"Here they are-"

As if he was hardwired to follow Noah's every move, he stopped walking right when the other did. Even if he momentarily forgot what Noah was even talking about...

"Oh-! Wow, thank you, Noah. Ha, next thing you know i'll be needing your help to turn on the damn shower head-!"

Noah raised an eyebrow at him.

"Uh, never mind- just joking- uhm, thank you, though."

Noah gave a quick nod and a small pat on Cody's shoulder, "sure thing. don't forget to grab some clean clothes first. Chris made Chef pack our baggage in the rooms we are staying at. If you can't find anything just complain to them, okay?"

Noah was already trailing away slowly as he spoke, waving after he heard Cody respond with a pleased "okay".

Cody watched him trail off with a smile. He briefly wondered what Noah was gonna do, guessing the boy was probably waiting for some alone time.

Moving his thoughts away from Noah, he looked ahead and visually took in the route that started from where he stood (the building for the men's bathrooms) all the way to the little dorm where his room was.

He planned to pick up a clean outfit from his stay and come back to the showers for his much needed bath.
And later...
He wasn't sure yet.