You think she's cheating

***

***

"Y/n, you know I'd never do anything to hurt you, let alone cheat on you! What gave you the impression that I was?" Taylor asks.

You remained silent at first, biting your nailed as you were incredibly nervous to even be having this discussion with her. At first, you didn't know what to say, until a thought crossed your mind. It was something that had your suspicions on the possibility of your worst fear to have come to be realized. Taking in a deep breath, you just let it all out, the emotions you know that you've held in for far too long, now.

"Well, lately, I've been feeling like you're starting to get bored of having me around. Like, I've noticed that you've been a little more distant, not answering my phone calls or text messages like you have done so in the past. You don't even greet me whenever I come home from work or anywhere else. I trust you, I really do, don't get me wrong there but we have times where we can't help the way we feel."

Taylor looked at you dumbfounded, and was unable to speak any words, her mouth suddenly becoming too dry to for even the simplest of words; that is until she looked back up at you. She knew that what you had pointed out was all true, but all was honestly not what you had thought. The only reason Taylor was like the way she had been the past couple of days was because she was planning a special surprise for you. It was a huge one and the reason for her being a little more distant then usual was because each time she saw you, she was always so close on spilling the beans, wanting to tell you immediately. Taylor was only waiting for when she thought the timing was right to present what she had planned for you and now she realizes that there is no better timing then now.

"It's really nothing personal, well it sort of is, but it's you might've done."

"I... don't understand."

"Well, I was waiting for the right time, the reason I was being a little distant is because I have something special planned and wanted to give it to you; something that I've had for a while."

"What's that?"

You felt your heart leap into your throat as Taylor pulls out a little tiny black box from her pocket, handing it to you. Once you felt the light touch of it, you let out a gasp before seeing what was inside of it. You already knew, but as your mind was telling you what it contained, your very eyes were telling you otherwise and that it was too good to be true. It was then when the nerves had vanished by the feel of excitement never felt before as you open it. Inside was a promise ring, but you had thought otherwise until Taylor quickly explained it to be a promise ring.

"It's beautiful..."

"It's a promise ring. I picked it up just after a month of the start of our relationship. I thought about the possibility of an engagement ring, but I didn't want to scare you into thinking of having to rush into things you may not be ready for."

The ring was on your finger without a moment's hesitation, soon to be followed by jumping into your girlfriend's arms. The embrace lasted for a while before pulling away, now with a huge smile on your face. Taylor had always found your smiles contagious, and couldn't help but smile right back herself. But after realizing why you were both there in the first place, put a load of guilt on your shoulders before finding yourself apologizing for it.

Despite everyone you know, you consider Taylor to be the most understanding of them all. Taking a seat on the couch, Taylor wraps an arm around you, pulling you close to her side as she speaks in a low soft voice, telling you everything was okay; just being the most very understanding.

"I'm so sorry, Taylor. I really don't mean to doubt or let you down-"

"It's really okay, Y/n. I understand that you only meant well, you were only expressing your concerns, and that's a good thing because of how unhealthy it can be if you keep it bottled up for a long period of time."

"I'm, well..."

"Listen, you don't have to say anymore. But if I find you mentally kicking yourself , I will come right back at your conscience and kick it until it leaves you alone. How about we have a movie night and we can order something from doordash for dinner tonight?"

"That sounds amazing!"

That being said, what she said about your conscience gave you a good laugh as you let yourself enjoy the time spent together with your most favorite person in the world.

***
REQUESTS ARE OPEN!!!