|| QnA 3 and #YourOpinion ||

Here's a question by anchaldhankhar

Q) Can you tell me how you write the amazing stories because I wanna be a writer .

ans) Thank you dear, for asking this question ! Well I am not an expert or a pro, since I am only for only four months. But yeah, in these four months, I have learnt a lot and I am continuously trying to improve my writing skills.

In the beginning, my first work was || Arjun Putri Parthavi ! ||. I was a newbie that time, and was not well aware how to frame stories and stuffs, so the book entirely followed the plot of Mahabharat without much twists and everything was obvious.

First I felt it was good, but then I came across more stories on Wattpad which had amazing plots and some authors had AMAZING writing skills, like they were total pros !

Maybe or may not be I am completely right, but I can give you certain tips in how to BEGIN and WRITE A STORY if you are a beginner/newbie

1) PLOT and GENRE-- Plot is the structure/trunk of a work/story. You need to get a complete idea of what are you going to write upon, from beginning till atleast midway. For example, I have vague plot ideas for my books, that means, just the important plots. Not the one which I am thinking while composing a chapter.

For example in my  // HIs Realisations // book, my CENTRAL PLOT is to show how media and influence have tarnished the image of certain characters of Mahabharat, one of them being Drauapdi. This is my PLOT and it will run throughout the book.

Then is the GENRE you need to decide upon. Which genre you feel that your story might fit in ? Romance, comedy, chick lit, fiction, teen fiction, horror, paranormal, general fiction, historical fiction etc. there are many. Choose the correct GENRE and give the TAGS in your story.

2) STICKING TO THE PLOT-- Sticking to the plot and the storyline is very important. Sometimes, authors tend to divert from their storyline, making unnecessary plot twists, which destroys the interests of readers.

3) BLURB- Blurb/Description forms a prime part of any story, be it on Wattpad, or while someone is publishing a book. A blurb gives the readers a vague idea of what your PLOT  is about, it is like a teaser/trailer of a movie. A good blurb includes dialogues from your work, creative dialogues about the plot itself, and interesting lines which will grab the attention of readers out there. Keep in mind, the blurb should be of optimum length, not too long nor too short. It should not be too revealing also. One needs to keep the description/blurb short, crisp and interesting.

4) CHARACTERS- Characters are the really most important part of any of your works, if your writing a story. Their behaviour should be humane and believable, and their emotions should be worked well upon if they are NORMAL HUMANS. Why I am saying normal humans 😂😂😂😂because, most of my works are based on Mahabharat, which includes characters having supernatural abilities 😂😂😂😂so yes. 

Things you need to keep in mind while composing characters-

1) take a well note of their emotions and feelings

2) Physical descriptions which include age, looks, dress descriptions (sometimes)

3) Their body movements in certain situations

4) Their way of behaving and their dialogue delivery style.

I mostly love to work with minimal characters to be honest.

5) WRITING STYLE- Now after you have sorted everything with your plot, blurb , characters and you have everything set in mind, you need to begin writing.

Now, readers will definitely judge your writing style and then choose to read your work. If in the beginning, your writing style isn't that impressive, readers will move on from your work. 

So to make your writing style impressive here are some points-

1) Give a DISCLAIMER / AUTHOR'S NOTE before beginning

2) Give a PREFACE , which is almost like a blurb, but with more details.

3) Choose the use of good and flowery words. If you are a beginner, you might not be accustomed much to flowery words, but it will develop with time.

4) Good flow should be maintained. Give more essence to the backgrounds of characters, their emotions, their actions , the situations and try to keep the characters bound with the background.

For example, two characters are in a forest. Here you have to make sure that you give the essence of the forest also, along with the characters like-- "She inhaled the deep scent of the woods, as turned her face towards Shyamal and said, "Let's take this path ?", pointing towards a stony path through the trees.

In this way, both the characters are connected to the background.

5) Do not be fast paced nor drag a single situation too much. Don't be much haphazard with any situation.

6) Everything depends on how you attempt writing the story-

a) Descriptive form which includes only descriptions with minimal dialogues

b) Descriptive with good amount of dialogue ( my writing style and preference) this includes descriptions and dialogues both.

c) Scit/playwright format

One should keep in mind that one should go with a definite format only. Specifically don't mix scit and descriptive format. If you're going for scit format, go for scit format for the whole story, suddenly don't change it to descriptive format. I have seen most of the writers do it , which I personally feel isn't very appreciable.

7) Be neat in your presentation, you may use text dividers from Pinterest as well .

8) Don't lose hope- If you're a newbie, your work won't be noticed very much , but trust me it will be appreciated with time . Don't worry much about the votes and comments initially. Keep writing:)

anchaldhankhar
Captain_Sham
JishnuPranaa
Rudraakshi
Panchaliputri
Adi_Shesha_Priya
Trumanshi
yadavisubhadra
avanisoni1711