001. star struck

( chapter one star struck )

(  chapter one     star struck   )

༒༒༒

ASPEN leaned against her locker with a wince waiting for her best friend Theo. Her finger met the scratch on her lip, stills lightly healing from the night before.

Memories washed over her mind as she played back what had occurred when the moon shined the brightest, the streets of Hell's Kitchen quiet but monsters lurked the shadows.

She zoned out, her eyes meeting the white tiles on the ground- she was exhausted, so exhausted.

All Aspen could think of were the screams of the mysterious men in the back of a dark alleyway. She did what she needed to do, and plus they deserve it. She tied them up, dragging them in front of the local police station for the officers to see. To see their dislocated shoulders and a twisted leg. Then the officers would see her run, jumping to the top of buildings without a second glance.

She would be in the morning news yet again, the public wondering who she was. Some assumed she was a guy because a 'girl' wouldn't be able to take on four guys all at once. But she proved them all wrong multiple times.

She trained almost her whole life for moments like those. She had the weapons, daggers, gadgets, she had almost everything. Both Theo and Aspen did what they do best, make the people who made them suffer, suffer more.

The loud crowded hallways became a white noise as she continued to zone out.

She wouldn't call herself a hero, nor was she a villain. Stealing and hurting others that hurt her is justifiable enough. Most of the time she was taking back what was hers. Heros didn't wish to kill people for vengeance.

They didn't secretly love the feeling of watching the one person you wanted to kill slowly bleed out, watching the life of them leave their body. Aspen Davis loved the feeling she got when the person in front of her was begging for their life, praying to the heavens up above but she knew they deserved it. All she would be doing is putting them out of their misery.

Villains don't show remorse, but Aspen knew deep down inside she showed remorse multiple times in her life.

"Earth to Aspen!" Theo waved his hand around the teens face, causing her to jump a little. "You should get that cut checked out." Theo said with a wince.

"It's nothing, it'll heal eventually." Aspen said with a sigh. The bell rang signaling their next class period.

"Meet you at the courtyard?" Theo asked.