000. little dove

of two sisters, one is always the watcher, one is the dancer

❝ of two sisters, one is always the watcher, one is the dancer ❞

* MENTIONS OF VIOLENCE AND CHILD ABUSE !

CALIFORNIA 2001

    LIFE IS SIMPLE when you are young. Everyday there is a new adventure. Curious questions being asked like why is the sky blue? Those questions were left unanswered and shrugged off.

When you're young, you believe your parents will live forever, that nothing can ruin the joy and happiness you feel. As a child she dreamt about new worlds to conquer, now she rarely dreams.

In the cinema of white sheets and old tattered couches she was a pirate, a farmer, a doctor, a teacher, and an artist. She is just a child of infinite possibilities.Young innocent soul oblivious to the real world.

To what monsters lurk in the dark.

To what monster that lurks within you.

It was a bright sunny day in southern California. Kids were laughing, the classic melody of the ice cream truck ringing through the air. The ocean gleaming in the afternoon sunlight.

   Aspen and her older sister Juno were outside, playing on a little swing set. The swing creaked as they swung high up in the air. They waved goodbye at their friend Theo as he grabbed his mother's hand, the look of sorrow in his eyes.

It was a special day for everyone in the Davis family. it was Aspen's birthday. She was very excited. Waking up in the morning with the brightest smile on her face, smacking a giant wet kiss on her fathers cheek as he leaves for work. Hugging her mother tightly as she made breakfast.

"Are you excited Aspen?" Juno asked with a bright smile.

"Yes! Very excited! I'm turning six today!" Aspen said, smiling ear to ear. Her curly hair bouncing up and down.

"I'm excited too! I can't wait to eat the cake mom made, it's going to be very good!" The older sister said smiling from ear to ear. "Y'know I helped her bake it!"

"No you didn't, you suck at baking Juno!" She giggled.

"I do not suck!" Juno said, getting off the swing and tickling her sister's sides.

"Stop Juno!" bursting out laughing, Aspen clutching her stomach. Her eyes crinkling up, the joyous sound of her laughter ringing throughout the air.

"No! Until you admit I'm the best at baking!" Juno said with amusement, tickling her sister's side even more.

"Okay Fine! You're the best at baking!" Aspen wheezed.

They both collapsed to the green grass, still giggling and laughing. The breeze in the hair, feeling giddy. They looked up at the clouds, before glancing at each other.