Chapter 77 - Approaching Graduation

"Wait, where did that kid come from?" Davey questioned.

"I'm sure it's going to explain it later," Jack shrugged, "you really don't take suspense well, do you?"

"I do not," Davey shook his head, "my mom has the same problem," 

"Well, just remember neither of us has seen it before, so the only way to get answers is to watch," Jack suggested.

"Right," Davey nodded.

After that, the boys ceased talking, allowing their show to play uninterrupted. 

At 7, Lexi entered the gaming room suddenly, scaring Jack half to death. 

"Uh... Dinner is ready," Lexi informed them, "why is it so dark in here?" 

"Because we're watching a scary show," Jack paused the show and stood up.

"I thought you didn't like scary stuff," Lexi tilted her head. 

"This show is actually pretty good," Jack shrugged.

"It's intriguing, that's for sure," Davey agreed.

"It's not too scary for you?" Lexi asked.

"Pfft, no," Jack scoffed, "it's a little unsettling, but not too scary," 

After dinner and several more hours of watching, Jack and Davey decided it was time for bed. Crutchie and Lexi seemed to have gone to bed hours earlier, and Medda was still awake working on something in her room. 

"Why don't you change into your pajamas in the bathroom. I'll change in my room then come in to brush my teeth," Jack spoke quietly, as not to wake anyone. 

"Okay," Davey nodded. 

"Do you still use children's toothpaste?" Jack asked.

"Of course I do. Mint tastes like death," Davey shuddered.

"I still want to know how you know what death tastes like," Jack joked.

"Oh- pfft, you know what I mean," Davey rolled his eyes.

Ten minutes later, they were turning off Jack's bedroom light and getting in bed.

"I'm glad your mom started letting you sleep over at my house again," Jack expressed, "is your pillow comfortable enough?"

"Yeah," Davey replied.

"Are you warm enough?" Jack asked.

"Yes, Jack," Davey smiled, "are you scared?"

"Me? Dave, I'm eighteen. I'm too old to be getting scared by tv shows," Jack chuckled.

"Yeah, but are you scared?" Davey repeated.

"Maybe a little," Jack shrugged.

"Alright, come here," Davey rolled onto his side to face Jack.

Jack scooted towards Davey, and the two wrapped their arms around each other.  

"Goodnight," Davey whispered, "love you," 

"I love you, too," Jack yawned.

When Jack woke up the next day, Davey was still sound asleep, so he decided to make breakfast. He heated up some toaster waffles and drizzled strawberry syrup on them, then he brewed some coffee, which he poured over ice for Davey, and tea, which he put in a mug for himself. Finally, he arranged the food on a tray and carried it upstairs, where he was surprised to find Davey still asleep. 

"Dave," Jack shook Davey lightly to wake him up.

"Jack? What time is it?" Davey sat up.

"Eight-thirty, I made breakfast," Jack held the tray out to Davey.