🍋Doc Ock x Reader🍋(1)

(Hope y'all enjoy this. Also, Y/N in this instance has a uterus. Doesn't mean they are a girl, or a boy, or in the non binary spectrum. Just wanted to give y'all an FYI)

New York City. One of the most visited cities in the world. Overpopulated and... Well... Overrated. And oh boy did it become a whole lot more popular when Spider-Man arrived.

God I hated the city, but, I never left it.

With a city so big, you'd think there would be more opportunities for success.

And if you thought that, you'd be wrong.

I was a recently graduated college student who was in debt and having a mental breakdown over where I would go to get a job. There were hardly any openings in my area of expertise, and whenever an opportunity for a position did show up, it would always be taken by someone else before I'd even get a chance.

Despite growing up in the 'oh so great city,' I didn't know anyone. And the people I did know lived three states away.

Oh! And to top things off, I worked at a pub for a part time job. That's the kicker.

Oh boy do I enjoy going to a smelly bar every night to serve alcohol to a bunch of people having a mid life crisis.

One night, after having a particularly shitty shift at the bar, I contemplated saying fuck you to everyone and quitting on sight.

But I needed this job for the money, and my rent was coming up soon anyway.

A man had projectile vomited on the floor and I wasn't looking forward to cleaning it.

"Tony! I'm going on break." I shouted to my manager who was in the other room.

"Fine just hurry back." He replied faintly.

I grabbed my coat from the pile that had begun to form on a bar stool and walked outside the side door into the alleyway.

It was sketchy as fuck but at least it didn't smell like vomit.

"You know, if I climbed up this building and jumped off, it would end my suffering." I thought out loud as I stared up at the old and rusting building.

It's exterior matched the interior just as much as the paint job matched the employees attitudes.

"Or, you know, just don't jump off." Said a deep voice from behind me.

I froze.

Who the fuck-

"Aww. Don't be shy darling, turn around. I won't hurt you."

I recognized that voice. Where did I recognize that voice?

"You know, it's impolite to ignore your pro-"

"Professor?" I turned around at once. "Mr. Octavius? How are you- I thought- didn't you die?!" I said in shock.

He didn't look the same. He wore sunglasses over his eyes, even though it was night, he wore a bulky trench coat, and a fedora. He looked like half the men inside the bar I had just left.

"Will you tell on me if I tell you no?" He asked, lifting his hand up to his lips to remove a cigar that stuck outside the corner of his mouth.

"No?" I replied, taking a cautious step toward him.

"Then no. I didn't die." He replied, dropping his cigar to the floor.

He took a step forward, but a very loud mechanical sound followed it. And soon after, a machine that looked like a tentacle stopped in front of his feet. Three more followed.