Chapter Twenty-Seven

"I'm going to send it," you say, once again seated on the sofa.

"Alright," Jimin says after you two listened to it once.

As you wait for the recording to upload, Jimin asks, "Y/N, did you cry?"

"Huh? How did you know?"

"Your nose is pink." he replies, "Were you sad because we were pretending to break up?"

You nod in response to his question.

"I mean, it would be more realistic if I did that...and you also added that last part." you say, feeling a little embarrassed about it.

"I don't know, I just felt like if I was in that situation, I would beg you to give me one more chance."

You notice that the recording has been uploaded and sent.

"Should I ask them where Chaeyoung is?"

"Yeah, go ahead," Jimin says.

But there was no response.

"Well, I'm going to go now," you say to Jimin.

"Alright. Drive home safely, ok?"

"I will."

As you were waiting for the elevator, Jungkook stood there in silence, not saying anything to you.

When the elevator was almost there, he suddenly said, "Wait Y/N!"

"Yeah?"

"Are...you free sometime next week? We should go have lunch together or something. I mean, we've known each other for a while now but we've never had a proper meal together..."

Already? Oh no does he plan to confess then? This is happening too soon! 

Ahhh how can a say no without hurting his feelings...?

"I'll have to check with my manager to see if I have time." you say, sighing mentally. Time to add another thing onto my list of worries.

"That's ok. I'll wait."

You nod slightly and step into the elevator, leaving Jungkook there, stunned and speechless at what he just did.

"I must've gotten way too excited I didn't mean to tell her this early..." Jungkook mumbles to him under his breath, "What am I going to do now?"

~~~~~~~~~~

A few days ago...

Jin, who was wearing a black cap and black mask, was meeting with another man.

He waited at their meeting spot in the alley, and the man finally showed up.

"Yah, I'm here," Jin calls out to the man, who seemed to be looking for him.

"You're the one?" the man asks.

"Yes," Jin says, showing the man their conversation and pulling his cap off. The man nods.

"So what do I need to do?"

"Look, your job is really simple. This is Y/N's number. On Saturday, at 9 am, you're going to text her and send her the photo in here." Jin says, handing him an envelope, "This envelope has everything you need to send her. Follow the script and show me that you've done it, and then I will pay you."

"Can I open it now? Just to see what I need to say..." the man asks.

"No. You open it on the day. When you're done with it, burn the paper and the envelope. Also get rid of this burner phone when you're done." Jin hands him the burner phone.