Chapter 12

Maddie walked into the school's library, coming inside as if she was any other normal person who just needed a book. If only. She came inside the room with a mission on the mind. She paused in the doorway and scanned the rest of the library. She noticed that it was basically empty besides the one table full of three boys. The three boys being the trio that she was looking for. She took a deep breath and brushed back her hair. She glanced down at herself and pulled her top down a little bit. It was enough to tease, but not be looking like she was falling out of her shirt. Not that she had much to show, but it was still enough to flaunt. Of course, a chest might not lure in boys like Danny, but it should work fine on Jackson and Matt.

She then made a point to strut over there like Erica had taught her to, and she soon found herself leaning over Matt's shoulder. She gave Matt a quick flash of a smile before she looked around at the other two boys. Jackson seemed to be the only one that was not happy to see her. Actually? He looked more terrified and pissed off now that she thought about it. "Hello, boys. Mind if I join the study group?" she asked them as her eyes scanned over them all once again. She pretended not to notice how Danny turned the laptop between the three of them away from her, unknowingly making it clear to her that they were hiding something from her now. Not that their heart beats didn't already tell her that much.

Jackson looked over at the other two and saw that neither of them were going to tell her to beat it. Danny was just too nice to, and he could tell right away that Matt seemed to already have a thing for her. He wasn't about to ruin what ever slim chance he thought he had with her by being rude to her. "Don't you have a grave digging boyfriend to suck faces with some more, Carson?" he snapped at her. If they weren't going to say it, he might as well do it for them. It wasn't like her and Isaac were quiet about their relationship, especially since they decided to make out against the locker just this morning. It wouldn't have been the first time he saw them making out either, so it wasn't as much of a surprise to him as it was to the others around the school.

Maddie seemed to tense up at the word 'boyfriend', but Jackson was the only one to really notice the freeze up. He cocked his head to the side, finding that little mistake interesting and something he'd have to remember for later. "Isaac and I aren't together. We're . . . unofficial, I guess you would say." she said out, as if catching and correcting her little freeze up just now. She seemed to become more serious now. "I don't do boyfriends." she told them all as she straightened up. She now wanted to leave, but she knew that she couldn't go just yet. She now had to figure out what it was that they were hiding. So instead she just pulled up a seat between Matt and Danny and planted herself down on it. "So, what are you guys trying to hide from me?" she asked as she turned the laptop toward her. She cocked an eyebrow up in surprise when she actually saw it. "Are you boys being naughty? I didn't see you as the type to record yourself, Jackson." she said out as she pushed the laptop back over to Danny.

Jackson had a killer body, don't get her wrong, but she had seen, and had now been with, much better. She felt herself blush and her heart flutter upon remembering Isaac's well toned abs. She licked her lips subconsciously before snapping out of it and looking around to see what was going on with the three of them. She already knew that Jackson had a video of himself, Derek had informed her when he came over for a new training session. He was now working with her to keep the nightmares away while she was in the middle of a fight. He had told her that he wanted her to keep an eye out for this video thing that Jackson had told him, Isaac, and Erica about when they tested him the other night. If she had to guess? She'd say that this was tape that Jackson was talking about. "Yeah, someone cut out two hours of the tape. I found a program that gets what was cut back. It's just taking forever to do." Matt explained to her, not seeing the problem in telling her now that she saw it.