Chapter 4

A few days had passed by since Derek had given Isaac the bite. The two hadn't stayed with him, they had homes that they couldn't leave. Especially her. She would want to do nothing more then take Derek up on his offer to stay with him, even if it was in that hell hole of a subway train. It'd be ten times better then the house that she was living in now. She'd gladly live in a box then in her house with her dad. She couldn't leave him no matter how badly she wanted to, though. Her dad was a cop, he'd have every man on the search for her if she ever left him. That would then give the hunters more man power on finding her and Derek. Which, as of last night, was even more dangerous then it was before.

Derek had explained to her while Isaac was resting inside of the train what had happened while he was out. He had run into Scott while hunting down the omega wolf. The rogue wolf had ended up being tied up by one of the hunter's trip wires. To put it simply, Derek and Scott had to watch on as the newest Argent to come to town, Gerard, cut the omega wolf in half right in front of them. She couldn't even stomach the idea of it inside of her head, let alone think of what she would have done if she had been there with them. She was glad by the time he finished telling her what had happened that she hadn't gone with him. After his tale of events, he driven her and Isaac home for the night.

He had let them out at the end of the street and they had walked home from there. She knew that Isaac would be sore for the rest of the night, so she had helped him walk as long as she could, but he was on his own when they had gotten to their houses. Thankfully her dad wasn't home yet, so she was free to just go up to her room and hide away in there. She had gone to her window and called Isaac when she saw his bedroom light go on. He had come to his window when he saw that it was her. The two had just sat at their windows that night and talked as long as they could before one of them eventually just fell a sleep. Which, just happened to be Isaac this time since he was the one who was still worn out from the bite.

Now, she was currently waiting for him to call her. They had been calling each other every night since he had gotten the bite. They did it to check in on the other, or to simply just calm the other one down if something had happened and their anger was getting out of hand. Like with him to her, her voice had seemed to calm him down as well. Neither understood why they seemed to have that effect on the other, but they weren't complaining about it. She knew that Isaac had started training this afternoon since he didn't have work, but she hadn't been able to get him on the phone, or even alone outside for that matter, since he had gotten back. Derek hadn't wanted her there for his first training lesson. He said that she would just distract Isaac, what ever that meant, and he didn't want that during the first session.

So here she sat, on her front porch, waiting for the cell phone in her hands to ring. Even if it was just a text saying that he'd see her tomorrow. She just wanted to know that he was holding on alright. She wanted to know how the first lesson went for him with Derek. She just wanted to hear his voice at this point. Her nerves were just seconds away from completely shattering, and she was officially on edge now. Her head snapped up at the sound of the door opening across the street. "Isaac," she breathed out when she saw him race out of his house, his dad following out after him and calling out for him. Isaac was in a panic as he rushed down the walkway, though. Something was wrong with him.

She slowly stood up from her front porch as he grabbed his bike and took off on it. Their eyes met for a fraction of a second at he passed by her, and in that small second, she knew that something had happened and it wasn't good. Her eyes returned to his house and locked with his dad for a moment. Without meaning to, her eyes narrowed on him, a growl threatening to rumble inside of her. Unknown to her, her eyes had flashed their golden color, causing Isaac's dad to gasp out as he connected something inside of his head. What ever had happened to Isaac, had happened to this girl too. She panicked when she realized that he had seen something that he shouldn't have seen. She took off in a frightened run, running way faster then she had ever run before, to try and somehow catch up to Isaac. Fortunately, for her anyway, she knew exactly where Isaac was running to.