Hopefully Romantic (Hobi + Moonbyul)

This look on Hobi>

The hair just looks so good on him and the outfit works so well.

Okay, here's some MoonHope. Don't really know where it came from, but had fun nonetheless. 

POV: Hobi thinks Moon is flirting with him, but she's just oblivious.

Hopeful!Hobi and Oblvious!Moonbyul, you could say. 

Word Count: 2,616

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hobi's POV

Hoseok had no idea what kind of quasi-flirting game Moonbyul, his neighbor and friend, was playing with him, but he did not mind one bit. In fact, he was quite ecstatic about it. He had liked her for quite some time. At first he hadn't, but at some point he realized that he was smiling when she did, laughing when she did, crying when she did. He blushed when she was near him, ached when she was far, but she had never given any indication that she ever felt the same. Until now.

It had started last week when she had knocked on his door and asked for his newspaper.

It sounded rather unromantic when simply put like that, but it was far more exciting than it sounded, Hoseok excitedly told Yoongi, another friend, over the phone. Moonbyul had come to ask for a newspaper at midnight. A distinctly romantic hour. Also, why the hell did she need the newspaper? No one even reads a paper anymore. The answer was that she didn't actually need a newspaper. She had wanted to see him. She needed his presence. His comfort. She had called him, and the sound of her soft-night voice was enough to wake Hoseok right up to acquire all the paper she needed once she appeared at his door to pick it up. She was wrapped in a robe, her hair loose around her shoulders, and her hand had brushed his when she took the paper.

"Thanks Hobi," she had said quietly, mindful of the neighbors, "I really appreciate this. I owe you one. You want to get a meal sometime this week?"

Hoseok had almost gasped.

"Yeah, absolutely. Totally. That'd be fun. Sure," he had stuttered, then immediately felt his neck heat up at the pure idiocy of his words. But she didn't react, just gave him that all so familiar cute smile that always surprised him with the contrast to her almost unbothered-looking blank face. But when she smiled, oh when she smiled, Hoseok could almost feel the warmth and love coming off her, regardless of who it was directed at.

They had gone out to barbecue the following Saturday and had talked and laughed for almost two hours. At one point, Moonbyul had stopped suddenly, and cocked her head.

"Hey, you have some sauce on your cheek," she had said, and took a sip of her water.

"Where?" he had asked, feeling embarrassed, wiping his napkin all over his face.

"Wait a second," she had said. She set down her glass, folded her napkin to a point, and dipped it in her water. "Come here," she leaned over the table and set one hand on his shoulder to steady herself as she swiped at his face. Hoseok felt his heart jump. Her hair swung forward, and he could smell her shampoo. Something sweet and spicy at the same time.

"Got it," she had said, and gave him that smile. Hoseok had felt like he might faint.

Later that night, they had walked back in the cool air. A comfortable silence had hung over them, both feeling full and calm. Moonbyul had given him a small wave as she dug her keys out of her bag and had said goodnight as she disappeared behind her door across the hall. Hoseok had entered his own room and had promptly fallen against the wall and slid to the ground. Oh my god.