- .-- ---

One year.

That's how long Freddy Fazbear's Mega Pizzaplex had been open for, and during that time the animatronics had performed countless entertaining shows. Fazbear Entertainment finally had the budget to go all out. There were lights, lazers, confetti cannons, and anything else that truly made it magical. The stage was the centerpiece of the whole pizzaplex, it was what brought families there in the first place.

And that was thanks to all of them; Roxanne Wolf, Glamrock Chica, Montgomery Gator, and Glamrock Freddy himself.

Without them, there wouldn't be a pizzaplex in the first place. They were truly the main attraction. And from 9 am to 10 pm, they sure proved that everyday.

As they descended on the main stage's lift down to parts and service, Freddy and the gang all unwinded and relaxed. They had just finished the last show of the day, and as fulfilling as that was, it really did take a toll on their joints. Afterall, they did do a lot of jumping around on the usual, and animatronics weren't exactly the most natural with that.

Monty held his bass with his tail as he stretched, relieving himself from the locked up feeling of his motion actuators. Just like any other day, showtime went great. At least, he thought so. The little bits that they did in-between were always the highlight of the whole thing, mostly because that's when he got to interact with Freddy other than glancing at him every so often.

Yeah, it was scripted. And yeah, he didn't really get to say what he wanted to. But still, he couldn't help but feel a little... nice, during those parts. And the kids seemed to love 'em, so there was no issue with that.

He grabbed his bass back from his tail and watched as the others started calming down from the performance. Chica was plucking a few strings on her guitar, seemingly trying to entertain herself as the lift continued downwards. Roxy was fixing up her hair, keytar strapped to her back, and Freddy was looking above them.

He looked so... damn it, he wasn't gonna start this up again. Every compliment always turned into some sort of worshipping fest for no reason at all.

Monty found himself staring at the bear on accident, his eyes half-lidded in some sort of stupid sappy state. He was starting to daydream again, but he was quickly interrupted by Roxanne clearing her throat. She wiggled her eyebrows at him, clearly having noticed how he looked at Freddy.

He scoffed, looking away.

The lift finally finished its descent not too long after. And moments later, members of the staff team met them at the entrance to Parts and Service.

Their job wasn't the most important, as they mostly just cleaned up instruments and fixed up any parts that were out of place, but they made things a lot more convenient at least. The band handed their instruments over and made themselves comfortable. A couple of couches were added to the place, most likely temporarily before they were moved to another location.

Whatever the reason was, they sure took advantage of it.

Monty was the first to sprawl himself out on the couch, resting his arms on the top sides of the seating. Roxanne sat on the arm rest and Chica sat on the couch right beside her. She was nibbling on a slice of pizza that she had gotten from somewhere. And next to her was Freddy, who she was talking to casually.

"So, loverboy." Roxanne started, looking at the gator with a knowing smirk. She was speaking a little lower than she usually did, making an effort to keep their conversation a secret. Or at least, the topic of it. "What's the deal with you?"

Monty rolled his eyes despite the fact that he was wearing sunglasses. She was very good at being annoying, maybe even more than Chica. Though he'd never say that to her face.

"I have no idea what you're talking about, doll."

"Come on, don't act like I didn't catch you making goo goo eyes at the bear. I'm not stupid."

Roxanne copied Monty's half-lidded expression from earlier, leaning close to him mockingly before he swatted her away half-heartedly. He sighed, relaxing a little more into the couch.

"S'nothing. Just a lil' thing. It'll pass eventually."

Roxanne tilted her head, an ear flicking in curiosity. His poor choice of wording was starting to confirm the suspicions that she had for a while.

"What thing?"

"Nunya."

She huffed, looking away from the smug gator irritatedly.

"Nothin' ya would understand, anyway." He added simply. Roxanne merely shrugged, moving to stand up from the couch's armchair.

"Yeah, wouldn't want to intrude on your private life with your boyfriend."

Monty instantly sat upright, ready to have a few choice words with the wolf, but by then she was already out of sight. And it was now time to head over to their green rooms anyway.

'Lucky bastard', he thought to himself.

After some extra clearance by the staff, the animatronics were finally given permission to head back to their rooms to refresh until the next day. They usually had the permission to go wherever they wanted during off hours, so long as they stayed out of trouble. Though the executives were beginning to crack down on them a little more, setting a newly established curfew not too long ago.

Monty headed back to his room as he was supposed to, but he was stopped by the sound of running. Specifically coming from right behind him.

He turned around to see Chica catching up to him. She stopped when she was closer, looking a little less cheerful than normal.

"Ya good, Chi?" He asked, slightly tilting his head.

"Yeah! I just..." She held one of her arms nervously, and Monty could tell right away that she was definitely a bit distressed. They were band mates, afterall, they all had grown very accustomed to each other. So much so that they usually were able to pick up on one another's moods. And this case was no different. "I need to talk to you. It's... important."

Monty nodded, motioning towards his room.

"Yeah, sure. We can talk in there."

And so away they went.