... . ...- . -.

The next day, things were off to a great start. And not just because Monty and Roxy finally made up.

The pizzaplex was usually open from Monday to Sunday with no real break days in between. Animatronics there were expected to perform about five-ish times everyday, from the morning all the way to nightfall. There was barely any time to do anything they wanted stress-free during the day, and so the burden of being the face of the pizzeria did weigh on them a bit.

But today was different.

The doors of the Mega Pizzaplex would not open until the next day, because the bots were undergoing scheduled maintence. Something about wanting to check Freddy's programming or whatever, either way, it earned them a break.

And they sure as heck were gonna use it.

Maintenance wasn't scheduled until later in the day, so the four of them got together and started a game of lazer tag. They never got to play it during work hours, afterall.

The rules were about the same as any average game; two teams, three lives for each bot, and no climbing, running, hitting, etc. Whichever team had the most flags captured by the time limit would win. Easy, simple.

Monty knew he would win.

He was teamed up with Chica, while Roxy was with Freddy. That was fine though, he'd carry his team easily. Maybe even impress Freddy while he was at it. Not like it was a hard thing to do in the first place, though. He was the full package.

The two teams went to their respective areas, waiting for Dread Unit to start the game.

"How about I defend the flags, and you play offensive?" Chica suggested, excitement shining through her voice. She was just as determined as he was to win this thing.

"Sounds like a plan to me!"

Not too long after, Dread Unit made his announcement, and they were off. They started pretty close to one of the flags already, so it wasn't too difficult to get themselves situated.

Chica pressed the button and shot a couple of alien-bots while Monty cleared a path in front of him. Once he saw that Chica was handling herself well, he started making his way to the other flags. He made sure to watch his back, and his front, and his side, and- basically, his everywhere.

They wouldn't catch him lacking, especially not when he was so sure that'd he win.

He found a flag, unguarded luckily, and did his best to defend it. The alien-bots were specifically designed to be easy to kill for young children (so that they'd feel accomplished), so annihilating them was barely even an issue. He was mainly just looking out for Roxy and Freddy, since they could be actual threats.

Especially Roxy, she'd do anything to win. Even if it meant tearing him limb from limb. Figuratively, but maybe also literally too.

The flag was successfully taken and he started making his way back to check on Chica. The last thing he wanted was to lose a teammate and have to complete the game alone. Not that he couldn't... but having a team often made things easier.

Right as he was about to get close to her, however, he heard a buzzing sound. Somebody was taking his flag.

Monty quickly changed directions, heading back to the area that he had just left in an instant. He wasn't running per se, just speedwalking, which meant he wasn't breaking the rules. And if he wasn't breaking the rules, he was allowed to continue. So he grew closer and closer to the flag, ready to attack.