Death (Prologue I)

??? P.O.V.

A cookie's youthful years only occure once, so it should be spent to make the best memories. Life as a crumb should be happy, sunshiny, and full of rainbow sprinkles.

At least, it was... I was only 10 when the clear skies suddenly went dark.

If anything could describe life at that time, it sucked... At least, for me...

My friends and family called me a cookie with a sweet demeanor, overpowered by a fiery temper and uncontrollable magic...

None of the cookies her age liked me... Well, I had some friends but they were younger, and its hard to talk to my family about this stuff...

I desperately wanted to be popular, so I tried stand out...

Singing was my gift before I could even talk. So I always volunteer to perform on stage at school, sang with the church choir, and once, I even joined the school's choir.

But dancers were what everyone loved more... And, I had two left feet, so that wouldn't work.

I had average grades since my Filipino was that of a 1st grader. I tried running for the student council but that didn't work either...

That was when I realized... No matter how hard I tried... No matter what I said or did... Or prayed... or tried to change... Nothing ever worked...

It felt unfair... After that, I felt useless... So I started to give up...

About a week after school was suspended, I felt... dizzy. Probably a headache... Then I felt drowzy... I collapsed before I could do anything...

"Paguita! Are you ok? Are you sick?" I heard my mother cry. I couldn't see her well because my vision was blurred.

I wanted to respond, but felt that I could not speak... I noticed my hand crumble away in yellow dust... I could not cry, I co

Being from a religious family, I learned about God and the things she did for cookie kind. She passed away to save us from sin. I learned how to trust her sense of time... And now it was mine.

Accepting my fate, I closed my eyes. "May God forgive those who sinned against me, and protect those who cared for me..." I whispered... And that was when I last heard my mother's cries...

Note: Hi!!! This is my first cookie run fanfiction, and I'm so excited! I love cookie run, especially its lore. Hope you enjoyed! And sorry if sometimes I update the book infrequently. My christmas break will end soon and I may not finish the book before that. Anyway, ta-ta, my cookies! See you next chapter! And have a Happy New Year!