The Madrigals

"Uh- my names y/n" "That's gorgeous" Mirabel says while adjusting her large glasses. She swiftly grabbed my arm and began pulling me up the stairs.

As we reached the balconied second floor I glanced around. I hadn't realized how beautiful everything was. The magical glowing doors, the tiles, the colours. Even the people in La Casa Madrigal seemed to give off a warm sense!

We started with Abuela, even though I already knew her. Mirabel explained how Abuela had brought the miracle and how. The story was extraordinary.

We moved on to the children of Abuela, Julieta, Pepa, and Bruno. Julieta was Mirabels mother and she had the gift of healing through foods that she made. Pepa had the gift of weather control through her emotions. If she was happy so was the sky, if not, rain, wind, snow, or hail might be in store! Lastly, Bruno. He had the gift of telling the future. Bruno had told a prophecy on the night of Mirabels gift ceremony, after she didn't get one that is.. He figured the rest of the family would hate him for the prophecy so he smashed it and left. Ended up he was actually in the walls all that time! I only physically met Julieta and she gave me a Empanada to help me be rid of my soreness.

Finally we moved on to all the grandkids.

Bruno didn't have any children so that's out of the way.

From Pepa and her husband Fèlix they had Dolores, Camilo, and Antonio. Dolores was a young woman who could hear anything for miles! She could hear Mirabel and I talking about her from across the town. Camilo was our age, and could shapeshift into anyone he saw. I was told he had really curly, golden brown hair. In my head all I could think was that he would be so cute. Lastly, Antonio. Antonio was only 5 and got his gift just recently! It is the ability to speak to animals. He ran past downstairs while we were walking to the other side of the house. He was adorable.

From Julieta and her husband Agustín they had Luisa, Isabela, and of course, Mirabel. Luisa had the gift of super strength. Mirabel pointed out the window to show Luisa carrying 5 donkeys at once! Isabela has the power of plant manipulation. She could bloom flowers anywhere she wanted, it was quite beautiful. And Mirabel didn't get a gift. She explained that when she touched the doorknob, just like all the others did, it faded. She got disapproval from Abuela and was sort of cast as a family outsider for a long time. I felt so bad.

Mirabel cast my thoughts away when she scared me from behind. I looked around and saw her standing behind me. Although... Was I not just talking to Mirabel in front of me? I spun again and there was 2 Mirabels! I guess the confusion showed everywhere, my face, body language, and lack of words. "Oh Camilo cut it out." Mirabel says, sounding rather annoyed. "I'm sorry Mira, it's just I saw someone new. I couldn't waste this opportunity!" I finally put 2 and 2 together and realized it was Camilo, AKA: the shapeshifter. Hold on.. Wasn't this the one I thought would be cute? I panicked hoping he wouldn't show what he really looked like. I'm not good around guys I find attractive. And my entire world came crashing down when he transformed into a skinny, tall, bronze-skinned, golden brown curly haired boy. Oh shi-