Chapter 01 || Caring Together

"Sometimes it takes only one act of kindness and caring to change a person's life." -JACKIE CHAN

Caring is an act that comes from the beautiful corner of our hearts before our brain. You will never intentionally hurt someone whom you love because your caring brain won't allow you to do so. And if you are hurting them intentionally, then I'm sorry to say you are not in love; else it is your attraction only. A mother, for example, would never intentionally inflict harm on her child. But after you grow up, maybe sometimes she pushes you away from her, but she never intends to hurt you because she cares for you and if she harms you, then she will not comply with motherhood.

During the baby phase of a child, a mother loved her baby unconditionally, she focused on the baby's care, and she never judged any actions of that baby. That is what true love looks like. But slowly, when we grow up, our parents, our society, and our friends start to judge us. They start to teach us whom to love and whom not to. Even our parents begin to react and judge our day-to-day actions. stop supporting us if we go against them. If it's for a non-valid reason, then it's not what caring is.

My Partner-in-Crime, 'WhatANewWorld' used to say in her words about caring: "Caring means loving. You only care about someone if you love them. It also means supporting, listening, helping, giving space... In my opinion, you can only prove your love through care." It was awesome to hear, it beautifully established the existence of care in love, which is real in any love life.

In everyone's life, we can see that our parents' dimension of care is changing from age to age. When we grow up to teen age or young adult phase, care from parents comes with terms and conditions like "if you do finish this, you will have that" or "if you score an A, you will have this." etc. Now their focus lens has changed from unconditional to conditional love. Because we are the human race, we always walk with conditions. Our parents are trying to make us stronger for society, because they can't hold us forever with them. More or less everywhere in the world, we gain the right to vote after the age of 18. That is why, after the age of 18, we are referred to as adults, fully grown-up human beings with the ability to decide and choose for ourselves or society. But our elderly parents or society forget that the 18-year-old guy or girl still needs some care. He or she still needs emotional care from his or her family to boost his or her confidence.

As per the words of Etherealskie—"It feels great when someone truly cares. When they get worried about you, and advise you whenever you need it. When they stick to you, when you are feeling low. Sometimes, they are not around and do not know what is going on in your life, but they still get worried. Being taken care of is one of the best feelings any individual can ever experience." Yes, she is right with her thoughts. Because humans are social species, we all need to be taken care of by someone, and it is the best feeling.

Our whole lives have evolved around the concept of being careful. When you eat, walk, drive, play, or whatever you do in your life, people will ask you to be careful. Why so? Because we know, a person who is careful with his life will go far and will achieve his destiny. A person who is concerned about his eating will be in good health and a person who is cautious while driving will arrive home safely. There is an endless list of caring things that can be included because our whole lives are bound by caring. But after a time, we started to take it as a grant. We eat junk food excessively and damage our health. We drive without a seat belt, we ride motorcycles without a helmet, we take life as a grant. And then one accident hit us, and we finished. The same way we do with our love life too, we start to take it for granted and treat it carelessly. Slowly, it reduces the value of caring and the bond between lovers vanishes and they reach their dead end.

As per opinion of my writer sis Calie Judy Brooks, "When we care for someone, we wish them well-being, we want them to be happy and give them our kindness. We are there for them when they need it, and we give them space if that's what they need. Caring for someone and giving someone what they need could be synonyms." Her thoughts are beautifully drawn, which shows the mirror to all the parents about what the real care mean.