Chapter 2: The attack on the way to the airport

Doctor Strange put his hand through a portal with a rim of an orange circle, he took out a book and showed Percy and Annabeth the cover. It read: 'Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief'.

"What the -" said Annabeth, dumbfounded.

Percy snatched the book from Strange and skimmed to the end, he read a few lines and looked up in shock. "This is exactly what happened. You're telling me my whole life was just a story for you to read for pleasure? All my quests, all my victories?"

"Well... Yes, but actually no." Peter replied.

Annabeth took the book from Percy's hands and read aloud, "'Rick Riordan'. So this guy who wrote the book just knows everything about our lives?" she asked.

"No, Riordan made you fictional. No one has ever confirmed the multiverse theory until now, so he had no idea you were actually real." said Strange.

"Okay, cool. Next question. Do you have any monster blood in you, Doctor?" Percy asked as Riptide reflected the sunlight straight into Strange's eyes.

"Not that I know of." Strange said. "Now if you will excuse me, I have... Stuff, to do. Peter, bring them to your house or something. Honestly. You all are giving me a migraine... And kid," he began looking intently at Peter. "I'm sorry about your friends, college, and things. But if they rejected you, and you asked them to reconsider... There's nothing we can do."

"What did you say - convince them? You mean, I could have called them?" Peter asked as if this idea has never crossed his mind.

Strange nodded.

"I can do that?"

Strange's expression turned furious.

"You haven't... Called?"

"Well I got the letter and I assumed -" said Peter, shrugging his shoulders.

"You didn't even think of calling them to reconsider?" Annabeth asked.

Percy gave her a look, mentally telling her to not butt-in.

"You never even thought of calling the M.I.T. to reconsider before you asked me to brainwash the world?" Strange asked, outraged. "You know what? Just go. My migraine's hurting more."

"Will do, sir."

"Call me Stephen."

...

"You really can walk on walls? Without falling?" Percy asked.

"Yeah. They call me Spiderman for a reason." Peter replied with a grin.

As Peter walked the two to his house, Annabeth seemed to be more distant. Percy asked him multiple questions about where they were, yet she walked behind. When Percy noticed this, he asked her immediately.

"You alright?" he asked.

"Mhm." Annabeth replied, though she shifted uncomfortably as Peter looked at her in concern.

"Wait, uh, Peter." said Annabeth. "Why don't you call the M.I.T. right now? Ask them to reconsider before it's too late?" After she closed her mouth she looked like that had took all the courage in the world, and she held up the sky.

"Well - I don't have the M.I.T.'s numb -" said Peter, looking at her. Then he suddenly scrambled for his phone in his pocket. He typed rapidly and began calling someone.

"Come on - pick up, pick up, pick up." he said.

Whilst Peter was distracted, Percy decided to talk to Annabeth.