[3]

Dave pulls his head back into the room and shuts the door. He scratches his neck and sighs. You play with a chipped off piece of concrete, flicking it back and forth. Dave looks at you and you can tell he wants to say something. He looks away and sits back down. You and dave haven't said a word to eachother.

Its only been half an hour, but it feels like you've been there for an eternity.

You lay down and shiver. You close your eyes and curl into a ball to try to sleep but you just end up laying there for a while. You don't know how much time has passed when you hear Dave start humming. You listen to him stand up and open something. It sounded rusted so you assumed it was the metal lockers on the opposite wall.

Dave slowed his humming as slid something out and opened it. It had the distinct noise of pulling a photo books plastic pages apart. You fought the urge to open your eyes and see what he was doing. He flips through the pages and you become suddenly aware of how cold and uncomfortable the floor is. You pretend to stir and adjust your position to something a bit more comfortable.

He quiets down and you can feel his eyes on you. You relax and pretend to settle. He slips the book back, now very faintly humming. He pulls something else from the locker and turns to you. He steps lightly towards you. The way he walks reminds you of a dancer. You can barely even hear his shoes hit the floor.

Your thoughts are suddenly interrupted by cold cloth falling onto your body. You resist to urge to jump in surprise and hold yourself to the ground. Dave waltzes back to were he had originally sat and lays down too. You listen to his breathing slow as he falls asleep.

You rub your eyes and open them to see what he laid on top of you. You sit up to look at it. It was an old large purple-ish gray sweatshirt with 'Afton Robotics' plastered on its front. Better than nothing. You dust it off and slide it on. Despite it being dusty and the fabric feeling unusual, it was comfortable and warm inside. You smile. You'll have to thank him when he wakes up. You lay back against the wall and close your eyes again, this time actually falling asleep.

- - -

"Hey... Are you awake?" You poked at Dave.

He shifted, but ultimately didn't wake. When you woke up again Dave was next to you, he probably moved to try and warm up. His head droops. You grab his wrist to see his watch.

[7:43 a.m.]

You let go of his cold arm to stand up and stretch. You step over dave to look out of the door. The robots are back on the stage and everything is quiet. The silence is unsettling compared to the banging and stomping earlier. Now you were just waiting for him to wake up. It would be rude to ditch the man who allowed you in in the first place.

The scrawny man shivered and a brown strand of his hair slipped back onto his forehead. Other than the rebel strand his hair was combed neatly to one side. You step back over to him and shake his shoulder gently. His breathing quickens as he wakes. His eyes open and he looks around. He looks at you as he processes where he is.

He smiles and checks his watch.

He smiled at you? You shake it off. He probably was just trying to make you feel better about what happened last night. You follow him out the door and into the hall.

"I'm going to turn the lights back off." He walked off to the room with the switch.

You wandered back to the main area. You look at the furry mascots and they dig their cold eyes back into you. The lights cut out, making them seem even more menacing. Their eyes glowed their respective colors. Dave walks over to you and looks back and forth from you to the robots.