1

It was a regular summer day in 1994 LA like many before for Tori Mercer. Out in the driveway playing hockey while her brother and his band practiced in their "music studio" which was just the garage. Tori went into the shared house that the band and she lives in. Right as she walked in to the house she heard the phone ring. So Tori went over to the phone and answered.

"Hello?" answered Tori.

"Hi is this Tori?" Asked the person.

"Why do you need to know?" Asked the young threatened girl.

"This Don Tibbles with Hendrix hockey and I was wondering if you wanted to join team USA for the junior Olympics this year?" Asked Mr Tibbles.

"I'll have to ask my brother and see what he says." Tori answered.

"Okay well call me back soon. My number is •••••••••••."

"Okay thank you goodbye." The girl said.

"Bye-bye." Said Mr.Tibbles.

Oh goodness what was this 12 year old going to tell her brother and his friends. She decided to just do it and be straight forward. So she walked to the garage. She knocked on the big doors that separated the hoping hockey player and the band that hoped to be big.

"Come in!" Yelled the older Mercer.

"Hey Tori!" Yelled a super energetic boy.

"Hey Reggie." Said Tori.

"What's up?" Asked her brother.

"Well the phone rang." She said.

The drummer said nothing but nodded his head letting her continue.

"This person called and his name was Don Tibbles and he said that he was with a hockey company. He explained that he was asking me to play for team USA for the junior goodwill Olympics. I didn't tell him didn't want to but I didn't say I was in to do it." She rushed scared of what her brother would say.

The whole band looked shocked.

Tori thought she did something wrong and apologized. " I'm sorry."

"Why are you sorry that is amazing news! Of course you can play. Do you know where it is being held?" Asked Alex.

"I think in LA but I can check." She answered.

"Okay go check." he told her.

Tori was really happy because their parents would never have let her do this. Tori made her way to the kitchen to call Mr.Tibbles. He answered the call and confirmed that it was in fact in LA. He said that he she could stay there and meet up with the team when they get there. She got happy because she could stay at her home and not a dorm room.

She told Alex and went on with her day like it was a normal day except it wasn't she was now a part of TEAM USA!!!

---------------word count:455
i hope you enjoy this <3 lmk if u liked this <3