Chapter 2: Trial of Emerald Forest

Jay woke up early and quietly exited the building. He enjoyed the early morning breeze but never dropped his guard. After what this mother told him, about how his movements would be under surveillance and how much of a manipulative mastermind Ozpin was, why would he lower it. Besides a lowered guard gets a life cut short. Jay witnessed it first hand and he'd be damned if he would allow himself a foolish end. After stretching and warmups he practiced his swordsmanship. Slices, cuts, testing his reach. After forty minutes he went back inside and meditated. A strong warm body is worthless if the mind doesn't match after all. It was seven in the morning now and everyone was heading to the lockers. He put some supplies in there that weren't necessity and heard talking like the blonde boy from earlier mumbling about how his locker number shouldn't be this high. Yang and Ruby were talking well, Ruby mainly about wanting to be on the same team as he older sister and Yang trying to gently tell her to find a different teammate. Jay suddenly felt a familiar aura near by. He smiled and greeted her.
Jay: "Good morning Pyrrha."
Pyrrha: "Hello Jay. Are you ready for today?" Jay nodded. He crossed his arms and leaned on his locker.
Jay: "Any plans for how you'll pass?" She smiled teasingly.
Pyrrha: "Last minute jitters Jay?" He gave a dry smirk in reply. She shrugs before continuing. "I planned on letting the chips fall where they may." He leaned forward interested in her lack of a plan. I suppose not every action requires a plan he thought to himself.
Jay: "I hope you and I end up on the same team Pyrrha." She smiled.
Pyrrha: "That would be nice." Suddenly the pale girl from earlier appeared asking Pyrrha about how she planned on getting through the test to get into Beacon. While they had their short conversation, they were cut off by the blonde boy from earlier. Must be a friend of Ruby's?  He wondered. He went back to listening to their conversation.
Pyrrha: "I believe the teams are comprised of four members each Jaune." He immediately turns to Pyrrha confidence radiates from him. Jay shakes his head and quietly sighs.
Jaune: "You don't say? Well hot stuff play your cards right and you could end up on the winning team." The pale girl frowns and asks if he knows who he is even talking to. Jaune, being completely oblivious, says he has no clue while still flirting with her. The pale girl lists a series of Pyrrha's accolades as Jaune becomes more confused. Much to Pyrrha's joy and the other girl's frustration. Until she mentioned Pyrrha being on the cover of a cereal brand box. Jay was beginning to think this girl was a creepy fan. Jaune appeared starstruck.
Jaune: "That was you?! But that's usually reserved for star athletes and cartoon characters!" Pyrrha nods but looks a bit down.
Pyrrha: "Yeah...it was pretty cool. Sadly it's not very good for you."
Jay pats her in the shoulder. She smiles and thanks him.
Jay: "This creepy fan girl bothering you?" He asked dryly. The girl frowns at being called a "creepy fan girl". She states her name as Weiss Schnee. She becomes further annoyed at his unimpressed glance and ignores him.
Weiss: "Anyways after hearing all this, do you really think you're in a position to ask her to be on a team?" Jaune looks to the floor glumly uttering a defeated no and apologizes. Pyrrha places a comforting hand on his shoulder and looks him in the eyes.
Pyrrha: "Actually Jaune, I think you would make a great leader." Jaune appears to get his confidence back.
Jay: "It would certainly prove interesting. I'd like to see it." He smiles at Jaune and Jaune stands up straight blushing a bit.
Jaune: "Awe you guys stop." Weiss looks mortified.
Weiss: "Yes please stop you two. This behavior shouldn't be encouraged."
Jaune steps to Weiss with a renewed confidence.
Jaune: "Sounds like they're on board for team Jaune. Now I'm not supposed to do this, but maybe I can pull some strings and see if I find a spot for you."
He stands uncomfortably close to Weiss.
Weiss: "Um..a little help here?" Suddenly Pyrrha throws miló, her spear, at Jaune and which keeps him stuck to the wall. Yang turns to see what all the commotion is and notices the boy next to Pyrrha. Her eyes turn red when she sees his red eyes. Jay senses he is being watched and turns his head. He and Yang say nothing for a few seconds. He gives a dry smile, waves, and follows Pyrrha shortly after hearing the announcement for all first years to meet over by the cliff. Ruby sees her sister's expression and feels concerned.
Ruby: "Yang is everything good?" Her eyes revert to their lilac state and she gives a cheerful smile.
Yang: "I'm yangtastic sis! Just thought I saw someone familiar. Let's go to the meet up spot." Ruby nods and moves around excitedly.
Ruby: "Meeting at a cliff huh? It's so exciting!"
Yang: "Hope it doesn't end in a...cliffhanger. Huh? Get it?" Ruby facepalms and uses her semblance to get to where they need to go with Yang following as well.