Chapter 2: What happened...

In the middle of the skies

Chop Chop: Well....that was...something right?

Spyro: So umm...Hugo...you said you were going to tell us what happened.

Hugo: *looking at a book* Huh? *stops looking at his book* Oh yes! What happened! Well it's a terrible and awful tragedy....are you sure you want to know?

Gill Grunt: We need to know!

Hugo: Ok...*breathes in and then out* it all started when me and my friends were walking around the fields, but then we found-

Spyro: No no no no! I don't mean your story about sheep and how you discovered them! I mean what happened to the core of light! How we all vanished into thin air and reappeared you know!

Hugo: Oh! Right...that story...

Flashback

The Isle of the Citadel

Hugo (V.O.): For as long as anyone can remember, Skylands was protected by the wisest and the most powerful beings of all, the Portal Masters, and the greatest among them was Master Eon. He and his Skylanders protected the Core of Light. For centuries the Core of Light had enriched the world. Holding it bay, the Darkness, the ultimate force behind all evil! But now, Eon was the last Portal Master, and was growing weaker with age. He knew it was only a matter of time before the Darkness would return...

Eon, Spyro and Trigger Happy watched the Darkness cloud above the ruins. As that happened Hugo ran to Master Eon.

Hugo: Master Eon! Those clouds! Is something wrong?

Eon: Have you ever known dark boiling ominous clouds to be a good thing Hugo?

Hugo shakes his head but as the four looked at the cloud again, there was a flying castle revealing itself from the cloud.

Eon: Get to your station Hugo!

Hugo was worried at first but knew he had to be brave

Eon: Skylanders! The Darkness has come! Prepare for battle!

Hugo ran and jumped into a manhole. As that occurred, Stump Smash, Gill Grunt and Terrafin walked out to see what was happening. As soon as they did a giant blue hologram of a head with a hood appeared from the clouds.

Kaos: Behold! It is I! Kaos! Long have I waited for this day to take me revenge! Soon you will all bow down before me! KAOS! K, A, O, S!

Eon: Kaos! I might've known....and..what happened to your head? It looks ridiculous!

Kaos: AH?! WHAT?!

Inside the castle it is that Kaos is a short human wearing a black cloak, black marks around his eyes and a blue symbol on his forehead