I BET ON LOSING DOGS

"My baby, my baby,
You're my baby say it to me"

____________

"Layla can you please help me?" a blonde girl asked as she attempted to fix her hair in the bathroom mirror. It was none other than Kathryn Fawn and her friend Layla Rose.

"With what?" said a the other as she gazed from her phone screen to her distressed accomplice. "My hair. It wont sit right! I cant go anywhere if I look like this." Kathryn whined.

"Your hair looks fine. It's not that big of a problem anyways." "It is! If I dont look well people are going to think poorly of me." she spoke up a bit. "no one's gonna make fun of you or anything. We aren't middle schoolers. You look ok let's just go the others are probably waiting for us." "Ugh fine. But if I get made fun of or something, will you cover for me?" "Yeah"

The two girls left the bathroom as they headed towards the cafeteria. Kathryn was behind Layla and as soon as they entered the cafeteria stared at them. Some idolizing them and some burning them with their stares.

"Hello dears, how are you guys doing?" Layla spoke as she sat down letting her friend sit next to her. "We're doing well." Felix said as he rose his head at the two. "That's nice to hear.. What are the twins doing?" "Oh- they're planning some prank they wanted to pull on their math teacher in next period. You know, the usual."

"This time we'll get her. Last time she found out before we could even put it in practice. How did she even find it out? I guess we'll never know" Keith argumented while still sketching the plan in a notepad with his brother.

"Hmm.. Anything else we'd need to know?" "nahhh not much." Kathryn put her head on her arms closing her eyes hoping to get a little rest before the next class.

DING!

[ (Y/N) POV ]

A quiet 'ugh' could be heard from half of the people. As we all went inside. "Yo Amanda, what class do u have this period?" I say to my friend. "I've got English. You?" "Biology. Anyways I'll see you after class. Bye!"

We both went our separate ways. I went to class a couple minutes late. It wasn't a bother since our biology teacher was known to almost never be in class when she had to be. So i sit down at my desk.

"Good morning class!" The teacher said as she entered the classroom. "Wow she's actually here today" i heard someone whisper to their friend. "Yeah, i don't even have my notebook can you give me a blank page from yours?" "Yup, here you go"

Although one other hand, someone entered the classroom after the teacher. Kathryn Fawn. "You're late." The teacher said. "I'm sorry, i was at the cabinet -" she tried to explain before being cut off by the teacher "I don't care. You've entered the class after me. I'm going to mark you as absent."

"Excuse me but i don't think that would be fair, you haven't been in your classroom since the start of the semester and no one dared to report you to the principal yet. So if you mark Kathryn as absent we could technically tell the principal about your absence"

"Well- I'm- ugh fine. Miss Fawn go back to your desk I won't mark you as absent." The teacher said. WAIT I CANT BELIEVE I JUST DEFENDED ONE OF THE POPULAR KIDS- she could have went to Felix and tell his dad to fire her anyway. God I'm so stupid.

The class went on. I couldn't focus. ".... mitochondria is the powerhouse of the cell. That's all for today. For homework you will have page 23 from your manual. Good day." The teacher went out of the room.

I was packing up my stuff when I heard a voice behind me. "Hey um- thanks for standing up for me." It was Kathryn. I looked up at her, she had an sincere facial expression. "It's nothing, i know you want to maintain your perfect attendence." I responded. "What's your name?" "(Y/n)- (Y/n) (L/n)"