Chapter 4: The Friends

"Monster?" Noah repeated.

"Not again-" Brady groaned. 

"what?" Lizzy questioned Noah.

"OH NO..." Alex said.

"oh no what?..." worried Max.

"Jack said monster when he saw the..." Amy continued.

"Dragon..."  Max finished for her.

The blue dragon came out of the water again.

"Hello!" The Dragon said to them.

"wait did you Just talk?"  They all said at the same time.

"yes?...wait what are you anyways?" The dragon questioned.

"were.., humans?" Amy said to him.

"humans?...what are those?" he said again.

"What we are." Lizzy sighed.

"The real question is where are we" Link asked the dragon.

"OH YEAH! I knew I was forgetting something...Anyways your in The Isle Of Peace..So Welcome! Also, My name is Squirt." he responded.

Then Squirt rose out of the water Just A bit more and gave them a smile.

Jack sat down and returned the smile.

"Can we keep him Pweaseeee?"

"Its fine by me!, No one has ever been able to get in or out of the Bermuda triangle so it would be nice, and It is about time I leave the nest, did tell you there are LOTS of other dragon? and they have to be the right age to leave the nest for that species!" Squirt said, getting sidetracked. 

"ok, I'll come! I will be your dragon buddy." squirt breathed.

Jack clapped his chubby baby hands"YAY!!

The dragon emerged from the water thus disturbing a small dragonfly on a rock near bye.

"Then lets go!" Alex said to Jack.

They made their way home and Squirt walked over to help the others with the foraging the food.

 when they were done it was almost night and luckily it hadn't rained that day so they set up a camp fire and sat around it eating cooked fruit they had gathered.

"I think I might get tired of fruit soon" JJ said to Link.

"me to" said Link.

"me three" said Brady.

"I know but it's the only thing that we can eat right now, because we can't kill any animal because Amy has to study it first" Alex said to the 3 little ones.

"Listen do you wanna eat a deadly frog?" She asked .

"no..." He responded.

" Then Let me STUDY them!" Amy countered.

"I think What you mean is *We can't eat meat because we don't have anything to kill them with* Alex."  Max corrected him.

"Well I did grab seeds from the loft at home so we could try planing them?" Amy offered.

"well where are they?" Alex asked.

"they're in the storage part of the fort, where you told me to put them" Noah Said.

Alex walked up to the storage room and grabbed the brown paper bag.

"found it" Alex said, holding up the bag.

Alex dug through the bag "now let's see, There are only seeds Amy, there are carrots, squash, tomatoes, lettuce and cucumbers oh and potatoes." 

"ok" he said as he clapped his hands together "who wants to plant them with me?"

"I will!" Amy volunteered.

"ok, here."  Alex handed Amy the carrots and potatoes.

"I can help water them! I can shoot water out of my mouth I just need water to hydrate, we only need water because my species survives off of it. " Squirt told her.

"I can take the lettuce and squash" Max said, looking at the seeds handed to him.

"so I will talk the tomatoes and cucumbers" Alex continued.

Amy, Max, Alex and Squirt made their way to an empty clearing not far from the fort and started planting their crops.

"ok lets plant them in rows"  Alex said.

"I can use a stick and plant...how many rows?" Amy asked.

"2 each per plant" Max corrected her.

"Mk" Amy said as she dragged a stick out of the jungle.

Amy then started to dig the stick into the cold earth and made 6 uneven rows and started to plant them seed by seed, painstakingly slow. They were all on the last row when they heard the dragons talking not too far away.

"lets go and check it out!" Amy whispered to them.

"ok but we have to be carful,  we don't know if they're nice or not" Alex said quietly, whilst gesturing towards Squirt. 

They both walked quickly and silently through the jungle and spotted bright red and a lime green ahead of them.

"over there" she realized.

"what are those?" she asked squirt.

"based on their colors one is a fire dragon and the other is a jungle dragon" squirt answered.

Then Amy edged closer and then a twig snapped under her feet.

both of the dragons heads snapped up and looked right in their direction.