Chapter 6: The Ground Below

The loud boom traveled to the other Side of the island scaring birds everywhere.

"What was that!?" JJ said aloud.

"I don't know..."Max responded slowly.

"But I wanna know!" Amy continued.

"ok well if we wanna know, raise you hand, majority wins, And Amy I bet you can't win because we're more safe here at camp then were there in the jungle filled with things..that are,....THINGS" Alex settled.

Amy was the first to raise her hand followed by JJ, Link, Max, then Lizzy, Brady, Noah  then finally  Jack.

"well like you said majority wins, and bonus points for jack" Amy countered. 

"fine we'll go check it out, but if we get eaten I blame Amy" Alex told them.

"wait! what? why me!?...also what would eat us?" .

"because you were the first to raise your hand and EVERYTHING WOULD EAT US!"  Alex responded.

"Yeah- yeah like what" Max said backing Amy up.

"everything duh" Lizzy snapped.

So they set off to find the source of the noise. It was then followed by running into trees and tripping over vines. 

Just then the heard a huge BOOM again.

This time it was much louder and came from the plains.Just as they got closer to the plains they heard a quiet muffled voice.

"....Is that a..dragon..?"Link asked.

Amy grinned "we're about to find out."  

She edged closer and almost stepped on a twig but this time she didn't .

"well come on?" Amy whispered.

"*well* NO"Alex mimicked.

"I will find water to splash you with...someday" She said sarcastically .

All the kids giggled.

 "shhh" Alex shushed.

"ok....Hehe"Brady laughed.

"ok guys focus and follow, Got that?" Amy said to the little ones.

"got it" Brady said.

"ok" JJ smiled.

"tay" Jack copied.

"why not," Link agreed .

"ok follow me!..." Amy whispered.

They all made their way out into the large clearing and made their way to one of the huge rocks scattered around.

just then they heard a huge boom even louder then the first and second time, But now that they were at the spot it sounded kind of muffled.

"What is that?" Amy asked.

just then a huge dragon burst out of the ground. it was a tan brown and had a helmet like shaped head. it had smaller wings and a strong looking tail and strong legs as well.

"wow look at that!" JJ gasped .

The brown dragon then flew down with a thump.

The brown dragon sat there shaking of the dirt.

 "Oh hi, sorry I didn't see ya there!" The brown dragon said cheerfully.

"hi!" JJ said.

The brown dragon opened his eyes, "what-what are you?".

"humans!" JJ said as he stared at the dirt.

"cool, I couldn't see ya when I was diggn though" he said again.

"but you said your eyes were closed" Amy said uncertainly. 

"oh I was usin my eco location and ya'll just didn't show up, But I mean it never has worked that well.."  he responded.

"anyways I'm Earthquaker" he told them.

"Hi Earthquaker! I'm JJ, This is Noah, link, Brady, Amy, Max, Alex, Lizzy and Jack." he said slightly out of breath.

"nice to meet ya!" he joyfully said.

"Earthquaker is an interesting name, how did you get it?" Max asked as politely as he could.

"oh because when I was lil my eco location, it never has, didn't work so well, and I was always runnin into things, and I also was the largest of the clutch so when I hit something it made a huge boom, but as I got older the sound got louder and luckily my species is a burrowing one so we have these hard helmets in case we run into something hard." he told them.

"so that's why my name is Earthquaker," he finished.

"wow. so that was you making the huge booms!" Max announced.

JJ sat down in the dirt and started building. then when Earthquaker saw him,He slowly walked over to him "do you need any help?" as JJ's 'dirt castle' fell over.

"yes... I can't get it to stick" he said frustratedly .

Then Eathquaker ran over to the forest behind the kids, grabbed a big leaf a flew over to the hole he had dug and slipped down into it, seconds later he came back up carefully and walked back over to JJ.

"why did you do that?" he asked.

Earthquaker dropped the leaf beside JJ "because this can help with is sticking together" he then slowly dumbed water over the dirt to make it damp.

"where in the world did you get this water?" JJ asked.

"Underground stream...There are thousands of em' " Earthquaker reported.

"wow!!" JJ said again then he picked up the damp dirt and finished the broken 'dirt castle'.

"can we be friends Earthquaker?" JJ asked.

"I don't see why not!" he responded.

So they decided to go home and back into the forest they went, bashing into trees and tripping on vines.

"hey guys?...um you might wanna get the three other dragon there part of the fort soon because it's gonna rain" Squirt said from behind them all.

"how do you know?" Tornado spat.

"well my tribe can tell when its gonna rain. its really helpful when you rely on water to survive..." He reminded them.

"well if that's what case then YES PLEASE! A FORT IS GOOD EVEN IF ITS TINY!" she said again.

So they made their way back home and set up the three other parts of the fort.

"Told you so" Squirt said as pointed up to the dark gloomy clouds above them all. 

"yup-yup-yup you win can someone get me in the fort like now" Tornado shook.

"what? it's just rain" Link guessed.

"She really does not like rain." Snakeroot said calmly.

"ok well lets go before it does start raining" Amy said as the dark cloud got closer.

"ok ya'll we need to get all the food inside, quick." Earthquaker announced.

They all rushed into the fort and opened the shades and stocked the shelves before the cloud was among them.

"everyone inside before it does start to rain" ordered Alex.

"Hey Tornado why are you scared of the rain?" max said as he walked up to her and sat down.

"well it's because on the mountains near where I live, the thunder was so loud it always scared me..." 

"well you're  safe now!" He said.

Then the thunder struck, scattering shards of the boom, then Tornado jerked back.