Chapter 34

"walk"

Andrew's POV

Andrew's POV

Right when I walked out of my house and currently making my way towards the side of the road, I was greeted with a hurried pace coming from behind. Before I could turn back to see what was going on, I saw Brooke beaming as she interlocked our arms together.

"If it isn't my favorite guy." She proclaimed which made a smile creep onto my face along. "Why are you walking, I thought you drive to school?"

"I used to but since my dad has been home more, that means no car for me," I responded. "What about you, don't you have your little car?"

Her demeanor changed by the topic, "I do but the windshield is currently smashed due to a crazy neighbor."

"Wait. Felix smashed your car?" I asked her as she answered with a nod. "Guessing he's the jealous type?" I joking asked, trying to push the anger of the situation. She reacted with a small laugh and playful eye roll. "But seriously I'm sorry about your car."

"It's not your fault," she assured. "Also it gave me an excuse to hang out with you."

"You know you don't need an excuse to hang out with me."

"You might regret saying that in a few days." She remarked as she looked up at me.

"Never," I replied as I looked at her with a smile.

A few minutes into the walk to school and I could feel Brooke falling a little behind. "Brooke, we want to get to school today, not in a year." I teased to which I earned a glare from the brunette.  

"I'm trying okay. I don't usually walk this long." She spoke before pulling her arm away from mine.

"Get on my back." I told her as she just looked.

"Are you kidding?"

"Nope, now get on my back before I change my mind." She smiled before jumping on my back as my hands grabbed her legs.

"Yup this is way more convenient." She said with her arms wrapped around my neck area. "And way more comfortable." causing me to release a soft chuckle.

~

We finally entered the halls of the high school as Brooke sighted Peyton who was at her locker. Right, when she was about to pull me with her I told her that I had to meet up with my teacher to discuss my grades to which she pouted but just gave me a quick goodbye before we went our separate ways.