Chapter 5-Who Was That!?

"What are you doing here?" I asked and blushed as I walked out with the door slowly closing on its own.

"Came to see your show, Nerd" she smiled and held a filer in her hands.

"Oh..." I blushed and got closer to her "really? Did you really?"

"You tell me, are you gonna perform or chicken out?" She laughed and raised her eyebrows.

"I don't know, I guess that remains a mystery until the show begins" I laughed.

"Well, I'll see you from the crowd" she replied back and began walking to the front where tons and tons of people waited for the doors to open.

"Okay" I blushed and headed back inside.

***

I heard the crowd clapping and voices being called. My heart was beating faster and faster as they began to get closer to my name.

Louane came back in and set her hand on my shoulder, then she starred into my eyes.

"Don't worry Lucas, your gonna do great" she smiled and walked away.

Thats when I heard my name and walked out there. I starred at the crowd as it was completely silent and saw payton. I smiled and starred down at the ground, then back up as Zombie. P was doing hand gestures telling to begin.

Just as I was about to speak the power went out and everyone began freaking out. My heart was beating so fast. Payton please be okay I thought and fell to the ground.

Then a spotlight shined on a creepy clown with a microphone. "LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, THE REAL SHOW IS ABOUT TO BEGIN!!!!" He yelled and began to laugh like a physco killer.

The power turned back on and everybody gasped at Zombie.P's dead body and a blood puddle around him.

"NOOOO!" Louane yelled and ran over to him as she held his corpse in her arms. Tears ran rapidly down her face.

I looked at the ground and searched for Payton but she was no where to be seen. My heart was racing. I stood up and began running to the front with crowds and crowds of people leaving. I looked at everyone but I couldn't find her.

"PAYTON!!!!" I screamed as people ran into me and past me.

"LUCAS!" She yelled back from the oppisite direction.

I began to run towards her way and finally found her. I ran up to her and hugged her tightly as she tightly hugged me back. My heart was just about beating out of my chest.

"I was so worried!" I yelled and looked at her while moving her hair out of her face.

"What the hell was that!" She yelled breathing heavily.

"I don't know! But someone just DIED!" I yelled and began crying again.

"Lucas! We have to stop this from ever happening again!" She yelled as I heard ambulance and cop cars pulling up all around the Circus tent.

"Your right" I nodded and whiped my tears off my face.

Cops, nurses, detectives, and doctors ran past the crowds of people that were getting smaller as almost everyone was out from the crime scene.

Payton and I ran to our bikes and rode away while passing both tents that now both have a story behind them. I still was curious about the abandoned circus next to ours. It might have something to do with just what happened.