Chapter Nineteen =Baseball Bets and Missions=

"The rainy season is finally over. It's outdoor season now, lets hang out!" Sugino exclaimed.

Nagisa, Sugino, Karma and I were walking around on break. We were all trying to decide what to do for the day. I had a mission on later tonight but I was free for the day at least.

"How's fishing sound?" Karma suggested. I don't see Karma as the type of person to enjoy an activity like that, there has to be a catch.

"Great! What can we catch?" Nagisa asked.

"Well summers juvenile delinquent season... we can use Nagisa as bait for thugs to extort money from them." Karma had devil horns. I knew there was a catch.

"I didn't know delinquents had a season..." Nagisa muttered.

"That's besides the point, Karma we are not using Nagisa as bait." I say. I noticed Sugino looking off at something.

The baseball field. The Kunugigaoka team was practicing. I see a rather tall guy look over and his face turns bright when he sees Sugino.

"Oh! Sugino, long time no see." He smiles, when he said that the rest of the team started heading our direction.

Sugino's demeaner changed a bit, not exactly into a happy one. It was more nervous and a bit unknowing. "Yeah..."

The team began talking to him, "Hey you're pitching in next weeks baseball game right?"

"I actually haven't decided yet, I'd like to be the pitcher." Sugino mentioned. They must be talking about the exhibition match next week.

"I'm jealous of you Sugino." One of the team members said. "You're in E-Class, you get to goof off all day. We're dead tired cause we have to practice and study."

This comment stuck us. It wasn't true, it amazed me that people on the main campus didn't know how hard each E-Class student really worked. Ignorance is bliss in this school I guess.

"Balancing sports and school work at a top notch prep school is hard. Those who aren't called to the task don't have any responsibilities." The large player who noticed us before hand spoke. He gave me a wink after he said that.

Ew. I gave him a disgusted look.

"Wowww, amazing." Karma's sarcastic voice chimed in. "The way you talk makes it sound like you guys are the chosen ones or something."

"Yeah, we are." The large make gave an off putting look. "Hard to accept, huh? Well, we'll prove it to you next week at the tournament. I'll show you who's on top and who's on the bottom, as if we don't already know."

"You piss me off." I state out loud. 

He turns to me and gave another smile. "Well girly, you're new here so I don't expect you to know anything about baseball or how the hierarchy works here."

I snapped a bit. "I'm not stupid you blithering idiot. I understand perfectly well how both those topics work."

"We'll see if that stands next week at the tournament. Actually let's make it even more interesting! How about when we win, you have to go on a date with me." The large idiot smirked.

I wanted to puke. I'd rather lick a cheese grater but I had a sense of pride. "Then if we win, you learn to keep your mouths shut and not talk shit about E-Class."

"You've got yourself a deal lil lady."

"Call me that again and I'll mace your eyes." I say. I hear Karma snicker from beside me.

We all began walking away. "Y/n, you know you didn't have to do that for us right?" Sugino spoke up.

"Yes I did. He pissed me off and I have a sense of pride for you people." I say calmly. Sugino just nodded his head. 

"Well, anyways I'm sorry that you had to agree to a date with him, I can tell it makes you uncomfortable."

"Don't worry about it, it's part of my job to do that." I wave it off. "Also, you won't loose. I am going to make sure of that. Good luck because I'm sure me and Koro-Sensei are gonna make you train your asses off." 

"Scary..." Sugino and Nagisa whispered. "We'll see you guys in class next week." Nagisa and Sugino turned onto a different street.

"You've become so much like me, I'm proud." Karma wiped away fake tears.

"What are you going on about?" I was genuinely confused as to what he meant. 

"You just gambled yourself off, made snarky comments, was being reckless, and was so confident while doing it. I am so proud." He put his arm around my shoulder.

"Thanks, but it really wasn't a big deal."

"Oh no, we definitely need to win. I do not want you going on a date with that jerk." Karma says with hints of jealousy behind his tone.

"Aweee, you care about me." I smirk teasingly.

"Yes I do." Karma smirked back. "Wait, you have a mission tonight right? Can I come?"

"Absolutely not, it's dangerous to let you go."

"What if I just wait outside?" He asked.

"I'll say this, the mission is in Shanghai and it's in a hotel, if you stop asking to go on missions then I will talk Karasuma into letting you go. But if you do, you need to stay in the hotel room and do not leave under any circumstances."

"Deal."

"Wait, are your parents gonna let you come?" I ask.

"They won't care, they're in India."

"Fine." I sigh. "Follow me, were gonna go talk to Karasuma."

He follows me up the E-Class mountain and into the teacher lounge. "Hey Karasuma, can I run something by you?"

"What is it?" He asked not lookin gup from his laptop.

"I request that Karma come along with me on my next mission, I think it would be good assassination experience for killing the octopus and it is a smaller scale mission. He would stay in the hotel room the entire time, he's coming along to help with the planning. There would be no chance of any harm coming to him." I say.

"The ministry would not like that. However you are right and I know that you know what you're doing. Just keep it on the DL and I have no problem with it. I trust you'll keep both of you safe." Karasuma answers.

"Yes sir."

"Then go ahead. I'll have the octopus check in on you both at some point."

I nod my head and walk out of the building with Karma. The sun was now setting, I leave for my mission in a few hours. "Meet me at my house at 11 pm, the mission last for 2 days. The execution of the mission is tomorrow night and we head back here the next morning." I inform Karma.

For now on the other hand, I could get in a few hours of sleep before we leave for the mission. My bags were packed already. Karma went to his house and I headed into mine.

This mission was a smaller scale less dangerous mission, the only exception was that it had two parts.