Overwhelming Adoration

It was a weird feeling he got when he woke up. The one he usually had when he was particularly happy, a fuzzy kind of warmth spreading to his heart for almost nothing. The one he had when he watched one of his members.

He sat on his bed, looking at the emptiness of his room now that he had one for himself. In their past dorms, Felix would've greeted him with his sunshine smile as he left the room, followed by a whiny Changbin and in those moments, simple domestic life with seven other men, he couldn't help the rush of emotions coming to attack his heart.

But here he was alone. It was a long discussion they had, because they all wanted some intimacy but separating themselves from each other wasn't easy. They still talked and work together but so much less than before and his heart ached for those simple moments of life.

He went to the bathroom, stopping in his tracks when he found Hyunjin tying his hair happily and Chan just couldn't help but stare until Hyunjin waved at him after catching his gaze in the mirror.

And it was at the moment he knew exactly what to do for the week. After them breaking apart their family into two places, despite being just next to each other. His first priority over everything.

Tell his members how much they meant to him.

And they were not ready for it.

Jeongin yelled happily when he won his last race, gaze flicking to the door when he heard it open lightly and finding Chan who smiled at him. He forgot Chan had the key to their flat.

"Hey," He said plopping next to him on the bed, "what are you doing ?"

Jeongin showed the switch, with his ranking on Mario Kart, "Playing Mario Kart."

Chan's gaze illuminated, "I wanna play too," he spoke childishly, already taking off the joy-cons and placing the console on the table for both of them to see.

"I didn't say you could," Jeongin retorted with a playful glare but still took one of the joy-con.

Chan grinned at him, nudging his shoulder, "I'll win this time," he said challengingly and Jeongin cocked an eyebrow.

"Impossible for an old man like you," he spoke back before nudging Chan's shoulder back.

They started choosing characters and cars, before fighting to pick a race. After a few arguing they settled for one of the rainbow races.

"Yah !" Jeongin yelled as he pushed Chan a bit, "Your shoulders are too big ! Stop taking so much space !"

Chan laughed at his words, pushing him back, "I'm not ! You're exaggerating !"

"Did you throw a shell at me ?!" Jeongin said in disbelief, staring at the older in shock.

"It's a race Inie," Chan replied with a laugh when he saw his face, making his character fall into the void.

At the last turn, Jeongin smiled triumphantly, reaching first while Chan came third, "Told you old man !" he looked pleasantly happy only to blink when Chan only stared at him with incredible fondness.

"You grew up so well," he spoke quietly, gently brushing his bangs, eyes shining proudly, "you really improved a lot this year," he complimented and Jeongin only gagged at his words despite his ears turning pink at the praising.

"I still have a lot to do," He replied with a shrug of his shoulders. He was never good at taking compliments. But today was even worse with how Chan was being emotional and Jeongin could only try to act as usual. And failing, of course.

Chan just frowned with a pout at his words, "You're doing great Inie, there's no need to rush it," he uttered softly, "what you are doing right now is completely enough even if I understand what you mean by improving more."