Chapter 1

In the Emerald City palace, the doors to a very out of place chamber burst open. The chamber was so out of place because it was completely pink except for the floor, but even the floor was covered in fluffy pink rugs. Glinda entered the room with poise, but once she shut the doors behind her, she leaned her back against the door and slumped. 

"This is horrendible!" she cried. "How am I supposed to protect my citizens when my whole army is gone? I wish Elphie was here! She'd know what to do!" Glinda burst into tears. After a while, there was a knock on the door.

"Miss Glinda?" A voice asked. Glinda ran over to her vanity, grabbed a handkerchief, and dried her tears.

"Come in." she said. The door opened and a servant entered. 

"Your breakfast is ready. Would you like me to bring it up?" she asked.

"I'll come get it soon." Glinda said.

"Is everything all right?" The servant asked. Glinda assumed that the servant could see marks where her makeup had come off.

"Yes, um, I just lost my diamond bracelet." Glinda said, thinking fast. It's not a problem, it was old anyway."

"Of course." The servant said. She turned and closed the door behind her. Once she was gone, Glinda face planted onto her bed. After a moment, she sat up and looked at her reflection in a mirror. 

"Great." Glinda sighed. "Now I've ruined my new hairdo." 

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

No Ozian had never even visited the Badlands, let alone lived there. No Ozian, that is, until Elphaba and Fiyero. The Badlands were an endless forest of densely packed trees and nothing else. Among the trees, a modest but sturdy hut built entirely of wood and brush sat, with a garden of vegetables and herbs out front. A spring of fresh, flowing water was by the side of the house. There were animals all around the hut. Birds sitting on the roof, deer drinking from the spring, and strangest of all, but not all that strange in Oz, a goat in a robe was sitting in a rocking chair on the porch, drinking a cup of tea. A distance away from the hut, Elphaba and Fiyero were having a very serious conversation. Fiyero's human form had been restored after many, many experimental spells.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Fiyero asked.

"I'm positive." Elphaba said and tightened her grip on the spell book in her arms. "I can't just sit back and let Oz fall into the hands of Morrible!" Not too long ago, the local birds had overheard Morrible's plan to take over Oz. They had reported back to Elphaba and she had immediately started formulating a plan. She had done some research about the Wizard's world, with the help of magic, and she had discovered a musical much like Wizomania but it was the story of her life. It was a little creepy that complete strangers knew all about her personal life, but she found out something else that may be helpful. The original actresses who had played the roles of herself and Glinda had formed a strange magic connection from bringing them to life in another world. Such a connection could be useful, so Elphaba did some more experiments with her magic and discovered a way to travel between worlds at will. Now her plan was finally ready for action.

"I just wish you'd let me come with you." Fiyero said. Elphaba crossed her arms.

"Who ever said you aren't coming?" she said. Fiyero's face lit up.

"Wait, I get to come? Good!" Elphaba couldn't hold back her frustration. Sometimes he was so stupid it was painful.

"Remind me why I told you you're only a little stupid?" she sighed.

"Well, not everyone can be as smart as you." Fiyero said. Elphaba was pleased but tried to not show it.

"Oh, stop it. We don't have time to lose! Let's go!" Elphaba took hold of Fiyero's arm and concentrated. They vanished from the Badlands. They reappeared in what Elphaba thought was the Emerald City, but everything was pink. Being back in Oz so soon after leaving made Elphaba happier then she could say, but she was still a bit annoyed by her former roommate's decor choices. "I bet I know who lives here." she said.

"Are you kidding? There's so much pink in here, I might go blind!" Fiyero said, covering his eyes. Elphaba swatted his arm.

"Stop that! We have to find Gli-" her words were cut off as the doors swung open. Elphaba froze, but thankfully, she saw exactly who she was looking for. 

"Thank Oz that's over." Glinda said. "Speeches are so hard." Glinda's eyes landed on Elphaba and Fiyero. She froze and her mouth dropped open. "Wait...what...how...but...am I..." she stuttered.

"You're not dreaming or imagining. It's actually us." Elphaba said, hiding how emotional she actually felt.

"OHMYOZ ELPHIE!!!" Glinda shrieked, running over and flinging her arms around Elphaba. "I thought you were both dead after the soldiers took Fiyero away and when that little farm girl threw the bucket of water on you, but you're not!" 

"You really thought I was allergic to water?" Elphaba laughed. "I don't think that's even a thing!" Glinda finally let Elphaba go and hugged Fiyero but pulled back much faster. 

"But if you were alive all this time, why did you wait to come and see me until now?" Glinda asked.

"We thought it would be safer to wait as long as possible." Elphaba said. "But we need your help. We're recruiting an army to help us take down Morrible and her stolen army."

"Where do we have to go?" Glinda asked, instantly on board.

"It's called New York City. It's...um...not exactly in O-"

It sounds swankified! Let's go!" Glinda cut her off. Elphaba sighed. She closed her eyes and recited the spell she had memorized, holding Glinda and Fiyero's hands. Without any warning, they vanished. When she opened her eyes, she saw a rather overwhelming city of tall buildings, flashing lights and crowded streets. Glinda looked in awe and Fiyero looked repulsed. 

"I don't think we're in Oz anymore." Glinda said.

"That's what I was trying to tell you!" Elphaba said, exasperated. "This isn't Oz! New York City is on a planet called Earth." Glinda immediately got distracted. She turned to the nearest person who would listen.

"Excuse me, do you know where we are?" she asked.

"This is 42nd Street." the man said. "You need a map?" His eyes landed on Elphaba and he gave her a strange look. Elphaba mentally slapped herself. How could she have forgotten to disguise them? People didn't walk around in ball gowns like Glinda was wearing, and they certainly didn't have green skin. "I'm guessing you're Wicked fans?" the man asked. 

"Well-" Glinda started. Elphaba knew Glinda was about to spill everything, so she grabbed her arm and dragged her away.

"We have to get somewhere!" she called back. Fiyero followed them quickly. Once they were a safe distance away, Elphaba turned on Glinda. "Glinda, you have to act like you know what you're doing!" Glinda crossed her arms.

"I was just asking where we are." she said. 

"Well, now you know. Are you happy?" Elphaba asked. She at the end of her patience. 

"It's not like I know what 42nd Street means!" Glinda shouted. Fiyero stepped forward.

"Stop it you two! We have two stops to make, and one of them isn't in this city." he said. 

"Two?" Glinda whined. 

"Yes." Elphaba said. "Honestly, you would've thought he just said ten. We're starting with the closest one."

"Who?" Glinda asked.

"Her name is Idina Menzel."