Prologue

There were two cloaked figures. It was impossible to tell where they were due to the darkness surrounding them. The taller of the two spoke first. 

"Is it done?" she asked. The other figure nodded. 

"Yes." he said. "He should be gone forever." The woman lowered her hood. Her hair was styled up high and she wore entirely too much makeup.

"Perfect. Now they don't have any proper authority." Morrible said. "They'll become divided as they all follow different leaders, then I'll come and unite them like a miraculous savior." The stranger shifted uncomfortably. 

"Uh..." he mumbled.

"Speak up!" Morrible growled. "I detest mumbling." 

"There's only one problem with your plan." The stranger said.

"What?" Morrible asked, very agitated.

"Most of them are following Glinda the Good." The stranger said. 

"Good indeed." Morrible scoffed. "That girl has the brains of a sea slug and the fashion sense of a flamingo that dyed itself pink." 

"But flamingos are already pink." The stranger said, confused.

"Exactly." Morrible grumbled.

"Well, my brother's professor was a flamingo, and he was very-" The stranger started, but Morrible cut him off.

"If you don't shut up, I'll banish you to the ends of Oz!" Morrible shouted. The stranger ducked his head.

"Sorry, Madame." he said quietly. Morrible tugged at her cloak.

"I'll have to think of a new way." she said. "The feather boa of a girl had my magic removed, so I can't just wave a wand like normal." There was a moment of silence. "Are you going to help me think or not?" The stranger smirked under his hood.

"Of course, Madame." he said. "When I'm through, you'll have an army of your own at your fingertips."