the lone wolf

Elisabeth was sitting on the edge of a balcony of one of the buildings, Mark had begun to execute the village, she stopped for a moment, she needed to think. a lot had happened over the 48 hours, she not only lost her home, but she also lost the closes thing she had to a family, now she's here, a world, unlike anything she had seen before, the people here just like her's, being massacred, whipped out by a threat beyond anything else. 

Elisabeth learned a long time ago, in a war, like this it wasn't about how many of them you killed, there were always more, no, It was about how many you could save, and the people here were worth thousands of nether soldiers. 

"We've sent a message to frostbourne, we've heard from them," Mark said walking on the balcony. "They sending people to meet us half away,"  

Elisabeth turned to Mark, "Good, but you're not changing my mind, I'm staying here, holding the Nether horde as long as I can," 

"That's suicide, you'll die, no one can hold those many enemies at back for long," Mark exclaimed. 

Elisabeth looked out towards where the nether army was coming from, smoke filling the sky, "Spartans never died," she mumbled. "look, I can't keep you all safe if we're on the move, but if you go and I don't, well I might just be able to hold them long enough for you all," 

"What about your friend, Va'Doom, what will he do?"  Mark asked. Elisabeth walked to the door. 

"I'm hoping, he'll go with you, a backup plan if I can't hold them long enough," she said walking away.

Elisabeth found Va'Doom, being watched by a group of children, along with a few adults. at first, Elisabeth thought the adults were making sure the Elite wasn't going to kill the kids, but she released that the adults were as fascinated with the stories as the kids. she wait for the Elite to finish.

"Va'Doom, I want a chat," Elisabeth said, the Elite walked over, slim and silent. 

"Is this about your plan, to stay here and fight the Nether, I wish to join you," the Elite declared. 

Elisabeth shook her head, "No, and before you go on about honour, I need you to keep them safe," Elisabeth pointed to kids, "there is no guarantee I'll make it out, and neither your gods nor mine can tell us what else is here that might want them dead, While I'm here I need you to protect them, until they met up with this frostbourne group," Elisabeth explained.

"I will do as you wish, I shall keep them safe as long as I can," The Elite answered. Elisabeth turned to one of the Adults. 

"How does it take to reach Frostbourne?" 

Kralos had run, and what was left of his advanced force returned to the nether. Kralos went straight to the Naeus, "You were beaten by a village with less than 100 people, how is that possible?" 

"they were complications, an armoured human and something else, stronger than a human, it took my weapon from my grip, it wielded an energy blade like the one's the ender watchers held, it could disappear from view at will," Kralos answered. 

now that got his interest, "Ender watchers? what was the name of this village?" Naeus asked.

Kralos thought for a moment, "Arcadia," he answered.

Naeus summoned the ruby thorn, "Prepare my army, while the others continue they plan to attack frostbourne I will lead this assault," Naeus ordered.

Elisabeth watched from the balcony, as Mark lead the people's way towards the forest, she regretted staying, but sometimes she didn't have a choice, at the end of the day. she was a spartan, and Spartans fight, until the end.