Shut Up and Dance

It had been a month since Eric had told you things weren't working and just disappeared. No one has seen him around Dauntless since that day and no one seemed to know where he had gone, not even Four. Dauntless had seemed empty without his presence, there were days I would find myself subconsciously searching the crowds for my man. I spend most of my days working with the Dauntless born kids, teaching them self-defense. Uriah's made sure that l don't slip down any dark holes. He's kept me busy and made sure I'm not isolating myself and becoming the Grinch. Tonight was one of those nights. Uriah had dragged me out to the Pit tonight for the monthly party. After much protesting and arguing, I finally cave. Uriah does a happy dance before rushing to my closet and pulling out an outfit for me. He grabs a black denim pencil skit and a satin leopard print tank top. He tosses them on my bed before going back and grabbing some black pumps. "Here, wear this. And you should curl your hair."

"Well aren't we being demanding today?" I asked wit one eyebrow raised. "Are you going to help with these high demands?" 

"Yup, I'll be back in half an hour to do your hair. Be showered and have your hair dry." He orders. 

"Sir, yes sir. Come on, get out of here. I've got to shower." I push him out the door before turning back and jumping in the shower. 

Thirty minutes later on the dot, Uriah knocks on my door.  I turn my blow dryer off and holler for him to come in before finishing drying my hair. He comes sauntering into my master bath, Lattes in both hands. 

"M'lady," he bows, placing the lattes on the counter. "One cinnamon dolce latte for the lady." 

"Why thank you," I turn around and look him over. "Don't you look dashing?" He's dressed in black slim fit jeans and a black athletic quarter zip sweater, he's got the sweater French tuck. 

"Thanks, I slaved for hours to put this together." 

"Sure you did."

"Come on. Let's get this show on the road." Uriah nudges me out of the way and grabs all the things he needs to curl my hair. He sits me on the tub and starts to work. It only takes him about twenty minutes to get my hair curled in loose curls. "Okay, come on. Up you go, on the counter." Knowing by now it's pointless to argue I do as he says. He steps in front of me and starts putting on a light layer of makeup. It takes him a few minutes to finish due to the light layer.  "We'll do the lipstick once we're ready to leave." I nod.

"I'll let you get dressed. I'll be in the living room."

"Thanks."  I quickly slip into my outfit and grab my coffee before joining Uriah. "Ready when you are." I announce. 

"Let's go girl. The party don't start till I show up." I chuckle and quickly apply my lipstick before grabbing my phone and keys. 

We've been at the party for about two hours when 'Shut Up and Dance' comes on. Uriah drags me out to the dance floor and I relent and get into the song. The song is on the instrumental between the last verse and the  chorus when I turn around looking for Uriah but come face to face with Eric. His name escapes my lips in a gasp. "Y/N," his soft voice is almost drowned out by the noise of the crowed. "I..." he tries to say something, his eyes pleading with me to understand something he himself doesn't understand.  "Deep in her eyes, I think I see the future. I realize this is my last chance," he quietly quotes to me.

The song starts again and I gently cup his face, stroking my thumb over his jaw. "Oh don't you dare look back, just keep you eyes on me," I sing softly to him. 

He carefully puts a hand on my waist, almost afraid that I'd reject him. I step closer, letting him know I'm not going anywhere. "I'm so sorry."