Rain and Cuddles (Requested)

Platonic Cuddles requested by MorganTiger

🤍🖤🤍🖤🤍🖤🤍🖤🤍🖤🤍🖤🤍🖤🤍🖤

It's eleven at night when I finally reach the edge of the Pit and look out at the pouring rain. I heave a sigh when I realized that I have to go out in it in order to reach my apartment. Dreading the wet trip home but wanting to crawl into my warm bed more, I tug the collar of my jacket up and step out from under the overhang. Immediately drenched, a shiver runs through me. Picking up my pace, I tug my jacket tighter against myself. I finally reach the doors to my apartment building and yank them open. I dash inside and shake myself off. Flipping my collar back down, I start the five story trek up the stairs. Finally reaching my floor, I turn down the hall, happy to finally be home. My hand slips down into my pocket to drag my keys out. Eyes wide, I frantically pat my pockets in search of my keys but come up empty. I groan and let my head drop against the door. I lift my head a few inches off the door and let it drop again. I rest there for a few minutes, my tired, foggy brain trying to figure out what I need to do now. After about five minutes of just standing in the hall with my head against the door, I decide that my best option would be to go to Eric. Pushing off of the door, I turn and head down the hall. One turn and a half dozen doors later, I raise my hand and knock on apartment number 59. Leaning against the door frame, I wait for Eric to come and see who has the audacity to bother him in his apartment at this time of night. I don't have to wait long before the door is being opened rather forcefully and a annoyed looking Eric is revealed. His face quickly changes from annoyed to worried when his gaze finally lands on me. "Hey, Eric," I say tiredly.

"Y/N?" He ask incredulously. "What are you doing here at this hour?" Just as he finishes his question, my soaked clothing becomes too much and I start shivering uncontrollably. "Never mind. You can answer that later. Come here." He grabs my forearm and drags me inside. Thinking he'd let go once I'm inside, I'm surprised when he keeps pulling me further into the apartment. He pulls me into his room and into the bathroom, grabbing a house coat on the way. "Start with a hot shower. I'll lay some warm clothes out on the bed. Put those on. I'll go make some apple cider for when you're done," he orders, dropping the house coat on the sink counter and leaving me alone and shivering in the bathroom. He pulls the door closed behind him and I start following his orders. I turn the shower onto hot. Stepping in, I sigh in relief as the hot water starts to drive away the chills. After a couple minutes I feel ready to leave the warm water. Shutting it off I grab a towel and dry off before throwing the house coat on. I drape my wet clothes over the edge of the shower rod to dry. Opening the bathroom door, I immediately see a stack of black on the bed. Glancing over and making sure the bedroom door is closed, I make my way over to the stack. I discover a pair of sweatpants that are unbelievable soft on the inside and a sweater that is equally as soft. I waste no time slipping into them and into the socks he had also left out. Pulling my scrunchie off my wrist, I throw my hair up into a messy bun. Pulling open the door, the sweet smell of apple cider assaults me. I make my way to the kitchen just as Eric is pouring the water into the cups.

"Smells good," I comment.

"Here," he hands me a mug and leads the way to the living room. We sit on opposite ends of the couch, turned towards eachother. "Now, you wanna tell me what your doing knocking on my door, soaking wet, at almost midnight?"

"Well, I was working late at the office, seeing as Max had some extra paperwork for me to do, and when I got home, I didn't have any keys. I must have left them at the office. I figured this was the best place to come," I finish with a shrug. I hold my mug closer to myself, still trying to warm up and stop shivering.

"You made the right decision," he affirms. "We can get your keys tomorrow. For tonight, you can take the bed and I'll sleep on the couch." I start to protest but he emphatically shakes his head. "Don't even bother. We both know it won't do anything." I grin, ruefully and shake my head.

"Thank you." He just nods. A more noticeable shiver runs through me and Eric looks over, concerned.

"Are you still cold?" I nod and lower my face close to my mug. He studies me for a few moments before setting his cup on the side table.

"Come 'ere," he jerks his head to the side. I look at him incredulously. "Come here," he repeats, patting the couch beside him and opening his arms.

"Is the Eric Coulter offering cuddles?!"

"Yeah, well, the offer won't be open for long," he grumbles. I grin and scramble over beside him, snuggling into his side. His arms wrap around my shoulders and I feel some of his heat transfer onto me. We sit in silence while we finish our drinks, happy to just be in each other's presence. When the drinks are done, Eric takes both mugs and puts them on the side table before once again wrapping me in a hug. I burrow a little more into his side and stretch my legs out across his lap. "What did Max have you doing this late?" 

"He had me getting forms and stuff ready for initiation." 

"That couldn't wait till morning?" 

"Apparently not. He asked me to get it done tonight. So get it done tonight, I did," I finish with a yawn. I peer up at Eric and notice him clenching his jaw. "Eric," I say softly, getting him to look at me. "It's okay. It's not a big deal."

"He shouldn't have asked you to do that this late," he growls. 

"It's only one night. I'll survive, promise." He stares at the wall, jaw hard and scowling. "Oh stop glowering," I roll my eyes but grin. He looks down at me and sticks his tongue out at me. Situation lightened, I melt into the warmth rolling off Eric. Finally, warming up again, I find myself staring to drift off to sleep. "Eric?" I murmur.

"Yeah?" His voice is soft.

"I'm glad you're my best friend."

"Me too, Y/N. Me too." I smile and finally allow myself to give into the tiredness.