chapter 13

mmm protective izuku :)

The start of the following week, Sero started his work study. There was nearly no time for the two boys to text, let alone meet up. It was slim to no communication. Izuku didn't even know where he was, he never asked and Sero never said.

There was a mix of hope and dread when Izuku thought about that. Both caused because there was a chance Sero had realized Izuku was feeding information back to his father.

Needless to say, Izuku was restless. He wanted to do something, anything, that would distract him, even if just for a little bit.

Helping Shigaraki with the most idiotic plan Izuku had ever heard, was not what he wanted though.

"You want to convince Stain to join us?" Izuku asked him, his tone condescending and his arms crossed sassily over his chest. His little lesson in respect did nothing to fix his attitude when it came to Shigaraki.

Shigaraki gave him a side glance from where he sat at the bar, drink in hand. "What's wrong with it?"

This was their relationship now. Izuku didn't even pretend to respect Shigaraki and Shigaraki did nothing about it because the boy was a genius that provided assistance when asked.

"He'll never go for it," Izuku said, leaning back on the bar. "First off, you don't have a clear purpose other than 'destroying society to rebuild it', rebuild it to what? Why? He'll want answers. Second, you don't have a clear target, other than All Might, who by the way, is the only hero Stain actually likes. You don't have a mission and you don't have a means to achieve it. Stain values conviction, purpose. You lack those things. He'll just see you as a joke."

Shigaraki scowled and scratched at his neck more angrily than usual. He clearly didn't like that Izuku just poked holes in his master plan.

Izuku studied him for a second. "Oh my fucking god, you already talked to him, didn't you?"

The inhuman noise of rage was Izuku's answer.

"Let me guess, he said exactly what I just told you he would?"

A small nod.

Izuku hung his head with a tired sigh. It's like working with a toddler. "What're you planning now?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Izuku regretted asking almost immediately, but the regret just kept growing as the day went on. Now it was nightfall and he stood on top of a building in Hosu City, dressed the same way he was at the USJ.

"This is a terrible idea," he hissed at Shigaraki for the millionth time. The man was so annoyed he stopped responding an hour ago. "You're just throwing a tantrum, you realize that, right?"

Once again, he wasn't acknowledged.

Izuku huffed and took a seat on the edge of the rooftop, letting his legs dangle over the side. He wasn't sure how long it'd take for the plan to be set into motion, so he might as well get comfortable.

Since it was clear that Izuku knew how to handle Stain better than Shigaraki, he was supposed to find him during the chaos that was about to be unleashed. He was meant to convince him to join. Somehow. Izuku still wasn't sure how to do that.

"It's time," Shigaraki said at some random point. How he decided when it was 'time', Izuku had no idea. "You know what you have to do?"

Izuku just nodded.

Shigaraki smirked at him. "Good dog."

Izuku was so pissed he actually growled, which made him even more mad as Shigaraki cackled. He took off into the city before he could make any more jokes at Izuku's expense.