Chapter 4 : His day.

Morning light seeps into my room as I'm woken up by the warmth of the sunlight hitting my eyelids and, stupidly, I open my eyes to see that it's the sun. 

"Shit-" I think to myself as I sit up, noticing how I slept, my feet against the wall and my head dangling off the side.

I groggily sit up and yawn. I crawl out of bed and get ready for the day, taking extra care in my appearance being fully aware I'll be seeing a lot of people today.

I walk down the stairs and hear the creak of the step as I continue and wander into the kitchen to see my cousin, Carlos, helping my tío to make breakfast as my mamá prepares food to bring to the young Madrigal's gifting ceremony. My little cousins, Ale and Andres, sit on the counter top with my abuelo, licking the spoons drenched in a sweet, red, syrupy substance as my abuelo spreads the same substance over sugar cookies.

Carlos turns and sees me then comments, " Well, well. Good morning, conejito, any reason you're up before 10 am and look decent?" he snickers as my tío elbows him, his hands carrying a full platter of delectable mini pancakes and waffles.

"Be nice to them, mi hijo!" he scolds Carlos but turns his attention to me and raises an eyebrow, "However he's not wrong, why did you get so dressed up? You don't even do that for other special occasions!" He interrogates me.

I snatch some off the top and give them both a sarcastically disappointed look, "Ay, tío, Carlos! Am I not allowed to look go-" 

"Is it because Camilo will be there?" My abuelo comments, chuckling under his breath as I eat one of the snacks in my hand.

"Abuelo!" I shout, walking to him and nudge him softly, "You get dressed up every Wednesday only to sit and admire the pictures of abuela and sing and play your guitar!" I joke softly, as not to upset him while eating another.

"Wednesdays are always my favourite." He chuckles as a goofy smile appears on his face.

The 2 mischievous twins turn their attention from the clean spoons to me, "Y/n is in love~!" They giggle.

"Ay!" I start walking towards them as they hop off the counter and run away repeatedly chanting, "Y/n is in love~! Y/n is in love~! Y/n is in love~!"

Chasing after them and finishing the last little treat in my hand, they dash out the front door and onto the plaza outside as I catch up and pick them both up and spin around, recklessly joking and playing around with them before bending down and putting them both down as they wobble around, search for something to help balance themselves with and figure out how to walk straight.

I smile and look over to the window of the kitchen where my mamá continues to cook and laugh at me but starts to wave me over to her.

Feeling proud, I march, slightly wobbling, over to the window and rest my arm on it.

"Si?"

"Y/n,"

"Mamá?"

"Go into the mercado and see if you can pick up fresh basil and turmeric powder for me, I'll need it in a little while."

"Okay, mamá." I say as I wave goodbye and start to head to the village market.

// TIME SKIP TO LATER TODAY - VIDEO ABOVE SETS THE SCENE :)//

Holding Alejandro's and Andres' hands in each of mine; I walk them both up the main road towards the source of light, music and fun. 

La Casa Madrigal.

It really has been so long since I've been here. 

About 10 years.

"Calm down Y/n" I tell myself as we approach, getting closer and closer.

The 2 boys excitedly start to speed up, tugging at my arms and pulling me along with them as they cheerfully race to the front, abruptly stopping a few times, trying to get past the crowd of people. I apologise to them as they let the 3 of us slip by, their generosity from the hope of today revealing itself. Once again they abruptly stop, spotting something tremendous.

"How does she do that?!" Andres asks, the 2 of them staring at Luisa lifting donkeys attatched to carts and placing them down.

As we pass her, she smiles handsomely and winks at the boys. She then glances at me as her smile slightly fades and she draws her attention back to the donkeys and their carts.

The boys take no notice to this as they spy another fantastic sight.

"What is he doing?" 

"Wasn't he..."

"But now he's...!"

"How?!" They both question with completely baffled looks on their faces. They'd never seen Camilo or seen him perform his gift and the sudden bombard of him constantly switching seemed to blow their minds. It's kind of sweet in a way.

"Ay, boys! You can't just stop in the middle of a pathway and in front of a crow-"

I am shortly cut off by their quick movements towards him.

He's still greeting others however they dart forward, targeting him. 

"Ay! Hola boys!" He says as he shifts into Andres, hugging him and Alejandro, giving him a high five. He then looks up to notice me.

"Hola, cariño." The tone of his voice swiftly changes as everyone continues to slowly flood into Casa Madrigal and he shifts back into himself and gives a warm grin.

"Hola, camaleón." I respond, replying his soft smile with one of my own.

"Do Y/n!" Alejandro interrupts, cheerfully.

"Ale! Don't be rude." I look down at him, He looks up at me with a cute, scowling expression. 

Camilo laughs at him, "Alejandro and Andres?"

They look up at him, bewildered expressions and hints of glee in their eyes. They only nod in confirmation

A smirk quickly forms on Camilo's face, looking at me then back down at them before bending down and huddling up with them as they let go of my hands to secretly exchange a few words.

The 3 of them glance up at me a few times and as they wrap up their brisk conference they give each other a firm nod as Camilo shoots up and gives me an innocent smile with closed eyes before darting off and shifting into others and greeting them.

They grab onto my hands again as we make our way into the large home, decked out in yellow, white and gold decorations. The smell of food cooking wafts into our faces, dreamily creeping up our noses. The loud symphonies of music romanticize our ears.

========================= ! A/N ! =========================

Hope this fills you all up for now! I'm gonna nap and update you again later.

Reads are appreciated, Follows are welcomed and Votes boost Camilo's confidence <3