The Daleks

Prompt: After getting attacked by the Daleks, you and the Doctor find yourselves at a park.

It was 1983, in Edinburgh, Scotland. The T.A.R.D.I.S was damaged, flying through the night sky. You and the Doctor were pulling levers, pushing buttons, trying to steady the ship. 

Suddenly a blast came from the back of the T.A.R.D.I.S from outside, sending both of you flying towards the doors. 

You tried grabbing onto anything but the smooth floors didn't leave you with much to grab on to. Frantically you tried to grab onto anything.

"Doctor!" You yelled looking at him, who was holding onto the console of the T.A.R.D.I.S.

Just before you fell out, the Doctor grabbed your hand. As he pulled you up, you thanked him and raced towards the monitor to see what had hit the T.A.R.D.I.S. 

While studying the monitor you noticed another ship approaching the doors. Quickly, you switched on the shields and tapped the Doctor on the shoulder, getting his attention. 

"Umm, Doctor there's a Dalek ship following us." 

He turned around to see the ship, it fired another blast, hitting the shield making the T.A.R.D.I.S shake. Which caused both you and the Doctor to stumble around.

As you regained your footing, you ran towards the doors and quickly closed them, no wanting a blast to hit either on of you. 

The ship continued to shoot at the T.A.R.D.I.S until the shields fell down. 

  "Doctor our shields are down, so I guess we will have to out run them,  and fast." You said hitting more buttons.

Another shot hit the T.A.R.D.I.S making the ship very damaged. There were panels that had fallen down to the floor, on fire. Smoke started to fill the room. 

The Doctor looked at you from across the console, giving you a concerned look. 

"Y/n, I just wanted to say tha-" The doctor was interrupted by another shot hitting the T.A.R.D.I.S. 

You quickly thought of  a solution, and started pulling levers, pushing buttons, spinning things, and so on. 

"Turn everything off" You said, looking at the Doctor. 

"What? why, we would start uncontrollably falling to the ground." He said coming towards you.

"How long does it take to turn everything back on?" You asked crossing your arms.

"Around ten seconds." He said standing in front of you.

"Perfect, just the amount of time needed. If we turn the T.A.R.D.I.S off the Daleks will stop shooting at us and leave us alone. We could fall but travel to a safer place before we hit the ground." You said turning toward the console, moving your hand around the edge of it. "If that's okay with you?" You asked the T.A.R.D.I.S. 

It let out a low moan and the Doctor nodded, then smiled.

"Geronimo!" The Doctor yelled as he turned off the T.A.R.D.I.S. Almost instantly the T.A.R.D.I.S started to fall. You grabbed onto the console and let out a scream, while the Doctor yelled. 

The Doctor pushed up the lever that turned it on again. And the T.A.R.D.I.S lights turned on. He pulled another lever down and the T.A.R.D.I.S jolted and demateralized, before it hit the ground. 

You and the Doctor hit the floor of the T.A.R.D.I.S and sighed that you two made it. The both of you laughed and ran up to each other and hugged. 

He picked you up and spun you around, smiling. As he put you down, you looked into each others eyes. 

For a moment everything seemed to slow down. You starred into his eyes, and got lost in them.

"Well, should we fix this old girl up?" The Doctor said, grabbing a fire extinguisher.

"R-right." You said sighing.

You landed in a park, it was late at night, so no one was there. The both of you left the T.A.R.D.I.S to heal itself.

"Well, that was something." You said laughing.

The Doctor laughed and agreed.

Since you couldn't stay in the T.A.R.D.I.S, you found a bench close to it, and sat down. The Doctor sat down next to you, after he used the fire extinguisher inside the ship a bit.

"So, where are we?" You asked looking around.

"hmm, around 2017 I'd say. Still in Edinburgh though." He said, crossing his arms.

There was a moment of silence, which was peaceful after the recent events.

"You know, out of everyone in the world and time, you picked me to be your companion, why?" You asked the Doctor, looking at him.

"Because I found something in you y/n, I don't just pick anyone." He replied looking at the moon.

"For example today, you came up with a way to get out of the situation, when I could even think straight. Without you, I'd be lost." He added, as you put your head on his shoulder. 

After a while you fell asleep under the moonlight, next to the Doctor. 

---------------- The next day-----------------

You woke up the next morning from a garbage truck going down the street behind you. You sat up and noticed that the Doctor's tweed jacket was draped around you. You heard banging coming from inside the T.A.R.D.I.S, so you got up and walked over.

Holding the jacket around your shoulders, you peered in to see that the Doctor was moving things around inside.

"Good morning y/n!" The Doctor said cheerfully.

You entered the T.A.R.D.I.S, stepping over the little debris that was still there. 

"Good morning." You said back, handing him his jacket back. 

He took his jacket back and put it on. 

"So, is she ready to go?" You half asked the Doctor, half asked the T.A.R.D.I.S. 

"Yes, she is ready to go wherever we want to." He said excitedly.

"You seem happier than usual, whats up?" You asked walking towards him.

He pulled out a bright red fez and said.

"I got a fez." His face seemed so bright, and he had a massive grin on his face.

You grinned and chuckled.

"What?" He said pretending to be hurt.

"Fezzes are cool." He added, as he put it on. 

He started up the engine, and you walked to sit down in a chair.

"So y/n, where to?" He said, before pulling a lever making the T.A.R.D.I.S zoom off.

A/N this is probably the longest Doctor Who one shot I have written yet. Hope you all enjoyed reading it as much as I did writing it.