Syncope

Breaking News : Actress Yoon Se Ri Rushed To The Hospital In The Middle Of Filming

It was the dead of the night and yet flashes of light and unanswered questions in the air flocked the entrance of the hospital. Reporters were clamoring to get even the smallest information they can about the actress who had just been rolled in by the paramedics.

Hong Chang Sik, the manager, trembles in fear and worry, but mostly fear for Se Ri's well-being. He had always feared about her habit of over-working.

He keeps his hand on her in the stretcher, tight and cold, tears almost flowing out of his eyes.

Seri's eyes were closed but she can hear his sobs, damn, she could even hear how worried he is that he might lose his job because of this.

"Seri..."

She scoffed.

Taking a lazy peak, she asks, "Isn't this too dramatic?"

Seri wanted to burst from amusement at the absolute exaggeration but the look on his face prevented her from doing so.

"You fainted."

"I was just dizzy, okay. I've been feeling lightheaded these days."

"You're stressing yourself too much, Miss Yoon. This is why I told you to stop overworking."

"Did you bring my script?"

Mr. Hong's mouth hang open. Lying in a stretcher, being carried to the emergency room, and she had the sanity to ask that?

He was exasperated. "Miss Yoon..."

"Did you bring it?"

"Yes. But that's not what matters right no-"

"Good." Seri cuts him off and closes her eyes.

When all the basic procedure she has to go through was done, she now frowns at her hospital bed, at the VVIP room.

It wasn't necessary, all of this, she thinks. She stares at the needle punctured on her hand, her clothes. Then, the door opens, the sight of her manager smiling with a bag of fried chicken.

"Dinner's here!"

She crosses her arms. "Get me out."

"Your parents called me. They're on their way. And they said no."

Seri got annoyed by that. "Since when did they get to decide with my life?"

He takes the crispy leg and bites on it, answering her in a muffled tone, "Your mom is scary. I don't have a choice." He moved the box close to her so she can have her piece of chicken as well when the door suddenly opened forcefully.

That night, what she just saw was something she never expected.

Jeong Hyeok.

He looked like he ran ten flights of the stairs, his hair ruffled and messy. A thick trench coat was wrapped around him and when their eyes locked, his feet walked on their own towards her.

She had no time to speak, no time to even breathe, because his hands cupped her face, scanning for any injuries as his eyes go over her body, the needle on her hands, and the chicken between her thumb and index finger.

He finally sighs in relief, the stiff palm on her face relaxing.

"You're safe..." he murmurs.

Seri felt her heart ache, that wonderful one, the feeling of his hands still lingering on her cheek. He was worried. She can see it in the way he tries to calm himself down.