Kalopsia

When the director said cut, Seri's stylist automatically went and retouched her look. It's been three days since her discharge and it's her first day back in work again. Everyone agreed to film first the easier scenes especially for her since nobody wanted to risk another rush to the hospital again.

Lightings and equipments filled the room from top to bottom, the space almost crowded with staffs and assistants. Everyone was busy following commands and reviewing tapes that it took at least ten minutes for the message to arrive to Seri that says someone wants to see her outside.

She almost tripped on an electric wire while trying to make way for herself out and her heart started beating fast, almost dangerously, at the sight of his silhouette. Perfect broad shoulders and tall height, yes, it's definitely Ri Jeong Hyeok.

She was still in her clothes on set, a designer one to be specific the moment she stood before him, all dolled up and fresh.

There was a brief, shy silence between them. He took in her look while her eyes caressed his face down to his comfy outfit, and something he was carrying on his hand.

"Hi..." she greets him, all smiles and crescent eyes, going on tiptoes and back down again that made her look adorable to him. Her habit was fresh in his mind, how she would act like this in front of someone she likes.

Just like back in highschool, when one of her crush in eighth grade gave her a rose on Valentine's day. Planted to his seat, Jeong Hyeok stared at her, standing and going on her tiptoes by the door, accepting the flowers with a huge smile. He watched her put it on her nose and held back his laugh because it took her too late to realize it was plastic.

That was embarrassing.

She was scowling all afternoon when they were walking back home together. She shoots him a look and it took all of him to keep his face frozen like a stone but Seri knew all too well that he was on the verge of laughing.

What he didn't take into account is that he would witness that again years later and this time, it was because of him and for him.

"You have so many foodtrucks outside," he comments.

"Oh. We're really busy so I haven't gotten time to check on it. It's cute, right?"

"Yes..."

"What's wrong?"

He held up the thing he's been holding which turned out to be a cake she used to buy at a favorite cafe of hers in the city. "I thought you would like this but," he looks around, "There's already so much food here for you."

To stop him from going on and on about it, Seri took it from his hold and peeks on it, giggling at the candies he included.

Cute.

"Jeong Hyeok, can you hide me? Let's stay at the van for a while."

That had him raise a brow. He cocks his head to check on the set inside and sees the busy people talking and walking here and there.

"It'll be quick." Seri insisted.

And that's how they ended up sitting together at the cramped up space, dresses and documents messily piled on one corner. She carefully eats the cake without messing up her lipstick and all Jeong Hyeok could do was look at her.

"You want some?" She says in a muffled voice, mouth stuffed with bread.

"Go ahead. It's yours."

"What brings you here, by the way? I'm sure it's not just for the cake."

"I just dropped by here to check on you quick. Director Jung called me to meet him around this time."

Seri groaned while reaching out for the bottle of water. She placed a straw and sipped on it then replies, "There he goes again multi-tasking too much. He didn't have any sleep for almost four days straight now."