2. A Cold Morning

Your hands were ice cold. At this moment you were in a deep sleep, and utmost comfortable.

You have always considered yourself to be a deep sleeper, and defidently need it after the dedicated tasks of your daily life. Your sleep was broken however, by the horrible screeching of Lando's alarm. 6:30 on the dot.

It defidently woke you up alright, but you fought it and tried your hardest to fall back asleep under Lando's french linen bedsheets and drone out the tune.

Lando was awake as well, and quickly moved his arm away from wrapped around your waist to reach for the alarm on his phone. It had to be done, but still annoyed you slightly that your only warm connection with him had been broken for a few seconds.

It was silenced with a few curse words muddered, as his phone had launched itself off of his nightand onto the pinewood floor of his bedroom.

He turned around to you, lazily sitting upright and rubbing his tired blue eyes. "Good morning, angel" he said in a loving whisper. "Good morning" you said looking at him with his messy-morning hair and tired expression. Somehow it made him look hot.

You scooted closer into his warm torso, still clouded by the shadow of sleep. Pressing your head against the bare smooth skin of his chest and wrapping your arm around him, you were satisfied to see him settle back down into the covers for a few more minutes.

You sighed in contemptment. The truth is that Lando always smelled really, really good. You took any opportunity you got to nuzzle into him and indulge in his particular scent.

You guessed it was a cologne, and he obviously knew you loved it so much as it was the only one he would wear. You reciprocated it into a silent mutual thing, as you knew Lando fell head over heels when you wore Chance by Chanel (specifically the blush pink bottle). You loved the scent as well, it was not too overpowering, or floraly, or bitter, but just right.

Outside was piercing cold, as the winter season had already began looming late October in Surrey. You knew that Lando would have to leave soon for training as he had Silverstone in a few days.

He knew that you didnt want to let him get out of bed anytime soon. It would be a perfect world if you could just stay there cuddling for an eternity.

He jolted slightly at the touch of your thin fingertips to his skin. "Oh my god, you are freezing!" At this point you were fully alert, but "playing dead" to an extent to keep your boyfriend of two years twisted around your finger for the time being.

You smiled into his chest as he took your hand up to his face, kissing it gently. You could feel his warm breath lacing the delicate skin of your fingers. He then took both of his hands and gently encapsulated yours in them, embalming them in a rush of warmth.

He always was very gentle handling you, as if any moment you could just shatter into a million pieces.

One of your favorite traits of Lando's was that he ran quite warm; useful for mornings like these. His thick hands held yours in such a way that created butterflies in your stomach.

You loved Lando's hands. Not only were they the ones which he tenderly held you with, but they have steered the wheels of numerous F1 cars. They followed every turn and curve, calculating the prescision to guide those multimillion dollar machines through the stratosphere of asphalt.

"Thank you" you said playfully, looking up at his perfect face and breaking into a giggly smile. "I really do have to go now." Lando said intently while gently tucking your hands in under the covers.

"Mean." You replied with a whiny tone and appreciated staring into his arm for every second you could get. He laughed, "why am I mean, sugar?" and leaned over to place a firm kiss to your lips before you could respond.

You kissed him back, enjoying the loving contact with Lando. He was savoring every moment as well, before plunging into the cold abyss of the open air.

He got out of bed and started towards his bathroom, but you could tell it hurt him to do so. You then promptly proceeded to scoot to his side of his bed, indulging in the reservoir of warmth and the intoxicating smell of your boyfriend.

Lando was in the bathroom for a spell as you watched the thin rays of the sun begin to creep out from between his English wooden blinds.

You sat up, and grabbed his orange Richard Mille watch from his nightstand to check the time. Only ten minutes had gone by.

Lando shot out of the bathroom, wearing his McLaren white long-sleeved tee shirt which you loved so much and some training slacks. He grabbed his keys and his bags to get ready to part ways.

You had gotten out of bed and walked towards your shared closet to grab something comfy to change into. Sorting through your racks upon racks of clothes, a voice appeared behind you.

"Hey, can you put it on me?" Lando said, gesturing to his watch. He wore it every day but still couldnt put it on himself; something you found adorable.

"Gladly," you said and fumbled with the complex features of the piece of luxury. "You should really wear your silk nightgown all the time, you look absolutely gorgeous in it." Lando remarked, gestering to your number as you finished up with his watch.

It was not exactly a nightgown but more of a slip dress. It was a fine white silk in a thin material, with white lace decorating your bust area, and cascading again at the bottom to finish the seam.

You appreciated the comment, as you previously had searched for hours on the l'Agent Provocateur and La Perla websites to find the perfect sleeping attire. White lingerie with lace (but not too much lace or structure) was his favorite.

"Got it, catch a look of me walking down the paddock sporting this Sunday." You replied with a giggle and his expression went blank as he imagined it, "No no no no no please no" he replied with desperate intent which made you laugh even harder.

"I love you so much" Lando said with a smile. The best feeling in the world was when he made his gorgeous girlfriend laugh. "I love you too, have fun today" you replied with a thin veil of blush gathering at your cheeks.

Lando pulled you in for another kiss and headed out down the stairs.

You heard the engine of his McLaren P1 roar to life, and then grew fainter and fainter as he drove to the training facility. Leaving you in his cold house alone.