Chapter three.

Aria.

Slightly limping I made my way to the class, the feeling was awful; Not only my ankle was hurting but also there seemed to be a strange pain in my spine and more chest. Though my first shift wasn't today these sorts of signs were pretty much regular.

I sit on the chair and heaved out a sigh of relief but that didn't last long as I saw Hunter and a girl walking inside the class. The girl seemed pretty familiar and recognition drew upon me once I realized who this was. Samantha.... My cousin.

Well, Samantha liked Hunter from the start. She left no boundaries to try to get his attention even if it meant avoiding inviting me to a party so that she could get Hunter to focus on her only. And when nothing made it possible, she stopped for a couple of years until Hunter himself began turning into a monster towards me.

And now, Samantha left no chance to sneak into his pants. And it was no joke that she had slept with Hunter, not for one or twice in fact for countless times even though she knew Ashley was in some way Hunter's girlfriend.

My thoughts were broken when I heard the shuffling of the chair beside me, it didn't take me long enough to understand the person who sat beside me was my tormentor himself and beside him sat Samantha clinging to him.

I didn't shift my gaze toward him or at my nasty cousin.

"Won't you say hi to your cousin, Aria?" Samantha's voice felt like Sandpaper getting rubbed against my eardrums.

Oh, bloody hell! I hate this girl, even more than Ashley.

"I don't talk to sluts," I responded without looking at her.

I felt Hunter's intense gaze at me but I didn't look at him. It was of no use to try to even look at him.

"What did you just say?" her fuming voice echoed that drew enough attention towards her, that was what she wanted. Attention.

"I didn't know you are deaf, you should get your ears checked. A werewolf's hearing can't be this poor," I spoke nonchalantly and got my book out.

"You ugly bitch," From the loud slamming sound that was heard, I could tell she'd slammed her first onto the table but it wasn't my worry. I hated her anyway," How dare you call me a slut?"

So annoying.

This was when I finally shifted my stare at her. She was red in anger and her hands were shaking furiously as though she was ready to attack me but it didn't scare the nearest bit. Hunter on the other hand only looked at me, not even a drop of scrutiny seemed to have shifted towards Samantha.

"You know what? I take my words back," I smiled, "You can't be a slut because they are way better than you, you can be a...hmm.." I pretended to be in deep thought, "Get yourself a title that suits your character, I don't have time to waste on you."

She looked deranged. Yes. The insult perfectly hit her and a few laughs from the students around made it more likely to be effective.

I couldn't be happier. Watching her unable to speak up a word was a sight I'd pay for.

"I'll kill you," she stomped her heel on the ground and attempted to grab my hand but in the meantime, Hunter decided to stand up.

"Enough!" His eyes glared at me Despite wanting to shout back I couldn't say anything, nothing I say affects him so it would be a waste of effort.

"You shouldn't have spoken like this to Samantha," His voice was dangerously low and he grabbed my forearm jerking me to stand up. The action caused pain to shoot through my leg but I kept my lips pressed together to avoid any reaction that might give him the satisfaction he wanted.

"Say sorry to her," He ordered. I looked at him in disbelieve then at Samantha who now had the smirk plastered on her face caked with makeup.

Sorry to her? Not at all.

I'd let Hunter kill me today but saying sorry to someone like her was something I won't even do in my worst helpless situation.

"No," I responded keeping my fear aside.

I could say that Hunter hadn't expected me to disobey his order because of the flicker in his eyes and slightly raised eyebrows, after all, he was the Alpha.

"Say. Sorry. To. Her." He emphasized, his eyes daring me to speak another word.

Without any doubt, he was incredibly powerful and his aura was intimidating too but that couldn't make me say something I had already made my mind to disagree with. I was weak when it came to him but not when it was about others and today something inside me caused the fire to rise. I was not going to let him make me do anything that'd hurt my pride. 

"NO!" I said louder.

"Aria, I said say sorry to her," He ordered in his Alpha tone, "Now!"

What is wrong with him? Why would I say sorry when it's not even my fault?

"A No means No," I removed my hand from his grip and grabbed my back before I proceeded toward the door without thinking about the consequences and considering the pain in my ankle that seem to increase with each rapid step I took, whatever it would be it couldn't be more worse than his treatment towards me.

"Where are you going?" His question stilled my legs and the low tone caused a shiver to run down my spine, I knew it wasn't a wise decision to disobey the Alpha but I couldn't refrain myself today anymore. Everything was too much to handle.

As if something wanted to burst out, the anger was boiling as if it would burn everything. I felt to destroy everything yet I wanted to do nothing other than go away somewhere where I could find peace. Save me from his hatred-filled gaze.

"Away from you, Alpha," I responded and walked out of the class.

A lone tear slid down my cheek but I quickly wiped it off with the back of my hand. My best friend became my bully and I was still unaware of the reason, unaware of his intention, of what caused him to hate me so much.

Hatred is the reward I got from him and the tears were a bonus.

A bitter chuckle escaped my mouth as I let myself get lost in the long corridor. I wanted to stay away from him. Away.