ᴏɴᴇ

J

J.JONAH JAMESON. SHOW HOST of The Daily Bugle and first class dickhead. He's the person who exposed Spider-Man's true identity of Peter Parker to the world. He's the person who ruined the lives of the Parker family and their close friends. He's the person who started the mess of the Multiverse. That is, in the eyes of Maelyn-Jae Parker.

Nobody knew why, not even herself, but she'd always despised the infamous journalist ever since she watched him humiliate a thirteen-year-old girl on live television. Her hatred for the man only grew when his unacceptable behaviour continued and he took the path of manipulation, changing the stories he had to cover into fakes and dramatised events. Why couldn't the broadcasting company just hire a new host? She knew a few people who would be keen, so it couldn't be that hard.

She, herself, would be one of those people. Coincidentally, Maelyn-Jae happened to work at The Daily Bugle as one of their writers - writing the stories that would be published in the local newspapers and media websites. She didn't write the scripts for Jameson to read as he sipped his freshly made cup of coffee, sitting on his expensive chair with his feet kicked up as he read the words displayed in front of him to the city. He had it lucky, when he definitely shouldn't have. A million other people deserved better than the man sitting up the top, yet nobody could do anything about it. They'd tried, but got nowhere in return.

Maelyn had just finished writing her story on the recently-born Red Panda in Central Park Zoo when she drove straight to her Aunt May's apartment. She had heard the gossip around her media building that Spider-Man's identity was going to be revealed. Of course the writers and editors of the story got the information before everyone else, and of course they couldn't keep their mouths shut. Within an hour, everyone knew that Spider-Man was just an intelligent teen from Midtown School of Science and Technology, but no one knew it was Maelyn's younger brother. Why would they if they didn't even know her?

The Parker sibling fumbled with her keys as she walked down the hall of May's apartment building, going through them all on her pink keychain to find the spare one her aunt had given her. When they first moved in, May got three sets of keys to the building, distributing them between the inhabitants of the apartment. When Maelyn moved out, her aunt insisted that she keep her set, incase of an emergency. The Spider-Man story was in fact an emergency.

When she came across their door, she was surprised to see a random guy banging desperately onto its metal frame, calling out her aunt's and brother's names. She internally cringed at the sight before taking a deep breath and approaching the unknown man.

"Excuse me." She whispered politely as she squeezed past the man, him stepping back as she pushed the key into the keyhole.

"Oh, you must be Maelyn-Jae." He greeted with a forced smile as he wiped his hands on his dark pants. He stuck it out to her back as she began to push open the door. "I'm your aunt's neighbour. I just wanted to know if-"

"Yeah, hi, I'm sure you're a great person but now's not a good time." She rushed before slamming the door in his face, closing it before he could snake his hands through. She ignored the guy's cries of protest whilst she leant her back against the door, taking another deep breath after dealing with the random stranger.