ꜱɪxᴛᴇᴇɴ

THE THREE INNOCENT FRIENDS, MJ, Ned and Maelyn-Jae, were all left standing in the school's science lab all alone

THE THREE INNOCENT FRIENDS, MJ, Ned and Maelyn-Jae, were all left standing in the school's science lab all alone. The other three people, the Spider-Men, had disappeared out of Ned's sparking portal onto the scaffolding that surrounded the newly improved Statue Of Liberty. That's where they were fighting the villains. That's where they would win.

The trio in the school were instructed to stay out of sight, protecting the magical box dangling from Ned's small fingers for as long as they could. They wouldn't admit it, but they were terrified. They couldn't do anything if the psychopathic goblin flew through the orange portal, or the man that controls electricity, or the giant, mutant lizard. They had nothing to defend themselves with, that's what scared them.

"Hey, guys." Maelyn spoke up hesitantly as the other two teens were peering out of the circular portal. They both turned to her expectantly, taking a step away from the madness transpiring behind them. "I think I have a problem."

"What is it?" MJ asked worriedly whilst she shared a concerned look with Ned. By the nervous expression plastered across their friend's face, they had a right to be scared. 

"I might have kissed a guy." She admitted with a sigh. She hung her head low with embarrassment for having to confess such a thing to her younger brother's friends, even if they were her own too. It didn't seem fitting to tell them in such a drastic situation, but it didn't seem fitting to tell them at all. She had to, though. She had to get it off her chest.

"Dude, no way!" Ned cheered naively, missing the sharp look the taller girl beside him sent him instantly. He stepped forward, beginning to run towards her with a beaming smile, before MJ stuck out her hand. He stopped as her palm collided with his chest, looking at her with confusion as she stared off at Maelyn's unchanged expression.

"Who was it?" The girl questioned with an angled brow, tilting her head to the side as Maelyn slowly raised her face out of the shadows.

"Peter." She murmured. It was barely audible, but with a quick glance down to her lips, the two younger teens knew what she had uttered. On one hand, Ned was confused and beyond furious - how could she be so dumb? On the other hand, MJ felt a flurry of emotions. She was disappointed and sad, but felt a twinge of happiness for the girl. She knew that Maelyn deserved something, someone, even if that person was from another universe.

"Maelyn-Jae! That's your brother." Ned shouted exasperatingly, shocking the two other girl's out of their emotional states. Maelyn didn't react or even bother to correct him, but MJ did. She looked at the boy with wide eyes filled with disbelief. How could he be so dumb?

"No, not her brother, stupid." MJ shook her head at her best friend before turning it towards the fidgeting Maelyn. She watched the girl shuffle in her spot, squirm under the two intense gazes from the teens. "It was when you went into the lab with him, wasn't it?"

Maelyn did nothing but regretfully nod, squeezing her eyes shut whilst awaiting her friend's reactions. MJ let out a sigh as she watched the girl's head tilt up before falling back down, repeating continuously whilst she tried to process it all. She thought her relationship was tough: falling in love with a superhero in disguise. Maelyn did exactly that, but the boy was from another universe. She knew the girl, and she knew her love language was touch. Even though she always said she would, MJ knew the girl wouldn't date a guy from another city, let alone another universe. She knew that it couldn't work out. It would never work out.