FORTY-ONE: BACK TO THE FUTURE

("The Bite" I)

"WHEE!" PENNY CHEERED, AS DUSTIN SPED DOWN THE LONG WALKWAY, GRIPPING ON TO STEVE'S SHIRT.

Her boyfriend, on the other hand, didn't like how fast the curly-haired boy was going. "Jesus, slow down!"

"Yeah, what is this, like, the Indy 500?" Robin asked, slurring her words.

"It's Indy 300," Steve corrected.

"Isn't it the Indy 5000?" Penny questioned, confused.

"No, dinguses, it's 500!" Robin defended.

"It's 300!" Steve argued, holding up three fingers.

"5000. It's 5000!" Penny screamed, defending her stance.

"Let's say a million," Robin decided. The three laughed loudly at that.

"That's such a big number!" Penny said, as her jaw dropped. "Wow!"

"What is wrong with them?" Erica asked Dustin.

"I don't know," the curly-haired boy revealed.

"You're the smart one, you should know," Charlie said, grabbing the last granola bar from his fanny pack—he actually did have extras, he just didn't tell anyone to keep it for himself. He took a bite, causing some crumbs to fall on his shirt.

"Dustin, watch out!" Margaret alerted, as they came up on a pile of barrels. Dustin was too slow and they ended up crashing into them.

"Shit!" he cursed.

The three teens in the back groaned at the impact of their heads hitting the barrier in the vehicle.

Dustin turned his head around and asked, "You guys alright back there?"

They groaned in response.

"They aren't alright," Charlie observed.

"They're fine," Dustin assured.

They just went with what Dustin said and hopped out of the red vehicle. Dustin opened the back of it to get his friends out.

"Come on. We gotta go, now," he informed the older teens.

"Come on!" Erica rushed, seeing them not.

"Let's go!" Dustin ordered.

"Get your asses up before I pull you out myself!" Margaret snapped. She helped Dustin and Charlie pull the teens out of the back. Margaret pulled Steve out a little too hard, because the boy ended up falling on the ground. Charlie let out a laugh at the sight, as well as Margaret

"Ow!" Steve winced. "We're coming."

"Here goes nothing," Dustin said, moving towards the elevator. He placed his keycard in a little machine beside the elevator. The boy ordered everyone inside and they did as they were told.