Chapter Eight: The Miracle is You

A/N: Last Chapter I wrote "Mateo's wings stopped working", but I changed it to "Mateo's wings disappeared" to make more sense. Also for Mateo's part in the song, I tried my best, so I hope you like it.

Mateo POV & 3rd POV

It is now morning, and everyone is looking for Mirabel.

"They haven't found her yet?" A girl in the group of three asked.

"Mirabel!" Agustín called. "Mirabel!" Julieta called.

"Mirabel!" Félix called. Dolores was behind him, trying to find her by listening, but she couldn't.

Mirabel was sitting by a river. Her knees to her chest, while she cries. "Mirabel." Alma said. "I'm sorry. I didn't wanna hurt us. I just wanted to... to be something I'm not." Mirabel said.

Alma sit next to her. "I've never been able to come back here. This river, is where we were given our miracle." Alma said. Mirabel look at her.

"Where, Abuelo Pedro..." Mirabel said. "I thought we would have a different life. I thought I would be a different woman." Alma said.

Alma begins telling Mirabel, how her Abuelo Pedro, and her met. The both of them spend time together. They got married. Alma gave birth to triplets, who are Pepa, Bruno and Julieta. How they escape from the village.

People chase after them. The people begin running. Pedro gave a kiss to each of his child's foreheads, and kiss Alma. Pedro tries to stop the people who were chasing them, but in doing so, he didn't live.

Alma cried, while holding her babies. The candle on the ground, glowed brightly, and knocked the people who were chasing them away. Mountains were formed, and the path to the river was blocked.

Alma is now at the house. She holds the candle, and begin walking down a bunch of doors.

"I was given a miracle. A second chance. And I was so afraid to lose it. That I lost sight, of who our miracle was for." Alma said.

Alma walks pass the family members. Bruno, with him next to his door, and he straighten up. Isabela as well. Mateo straighten up, while his wings was visible. Luisa was carrying a sack, while straightening up. Alma reached to where Mirabel was, when her door disappeared.

"Until- I am so sorry. You never hurt our family, Mirabel. We are broken, because of me." Alma said. Mirabel saw the butterfly, from Bruno's vision.

"Abuela, I can finally see." Mirabel said. Mirabel held her hands out, and Alma held it. They begin walking toward the butterfly.

"You lost your home. Lost everything. You've suffered so much, all alone. So, it would never happen again. We were saved, because of you. We were given a miracle, because of you. We are a family, because of you. And nothing can ever be broken, that we can't fix. Together." Mirabel said.

"I asked my Pedro, for help. Mirabel, he sent to me, you." Alma said. The both of them hugged, as the sun shined, and butterflies swarm around them. They saw the butterflies, flew towards Encanto. Mirabel helps Alma, up to the ground.

"She didn't do this!" Bruno said, as he came in, riding on the back of a horse. "She didn't do this! I gave her, a vision! It was me, I was like 'Go', she was like 'Psst'. She only wanted to help." Bruno said. Alma look at him in shock.

"I don't care, what you think of me, but if you're too stubborn to-" Bruno stopped, when Alma hugged him. "Brunito." Alma said. "I feel like, I missed something important." Bruno said.